Phew!! What a day. Today we worked on the Mustang. Not just any Mustang, but one of the very first ones ever made. This is a 19641/2. We made great progress and hope to get more done tomorrow. In the first picture you see the hood, trunk, left fender and fender parts set up and ready for primer. Our first step is to clean the parts extremely well. We use a de-greasing solvent to remove any contaminates from the panels. Next we spray a coat of epoxy on the parts. The epoxy really likes bare metal. It is water proof and really bites to the metal. Next we spray 3 coats of Slick Sand on the outside of the body panels. This product is a very high build primer. It allows us to block the body panels out until they are super flat. The parts that are hanging up, we skipped this step and went straight to the urethane primer. Since they dont have the surface area the body panels have, we can prime them with regular prime and still get great results. In the last three pictures you can see Chris working on the doors. We did get the doors ready for this same process but we ran out of time. We will get those done tomorrow. Then we can start Chris’ favorite part, blocking!! The slick sand will be blocked with 80 grit paper to make the panels super straight. Next week we will start this process on the body. A major milestone will be reached then.