Monthly Archives: May 2013
WHAM!! The owner of this car and his family was on their way through N.C. to Atlanta when something flew off of an overpass and slammed into their sunroof shattering it. A quick google search brought them to us. Since they were on the road and need to keep moving to make their arrival time we cleaned them up and put a band aid on there to keep them moving. A big band aid. We started by going ahead and removing the rest of the broken glass and vacuuming that up in an attempt to keep it from continually falling in the car. We then tapped all the edges to ensure that no more glass fell out. We then covered the hole with something that was super sturdy, a piece of card board. Then we covered that with a piece of rubber to keep the water out, just in case it rained. But dont worry, we used 200 mph duct tape to hold all that together. It should last their entire trip. May not look the best, but at least they are back on the road.
This Pathfinder had a good day in the shop. The bumper came in right on Que this morning and was painted before lunch. After lunch Chris was able to get it all assembled and over to clean up. It will be back on the road, all shined up and ready for the weekend. Hopefully the bad luck wont follow it around.
Whatta bummer! This really nice F150 has a battle scar due to some vandalism. We started by removing the door handle, mirror, belt molding, ect. Then it was time to get rid of that scratch. After that was smoothed away, we primed that area to ensure a good repair. Once the primer was dry, we were able to get the panels sanded, prepped and in the booth for tomorrow. So in the morning we will squirt a little color on here and it will be as good as new.
With the two Pathfinders in the shop we still found a few hours to work on the Camaro. We were able to get the body sanded today as well as wire brush all the seams, nooks and crannies. We were able to get a good coat of All Metal in the seam were the quarters meet the roof. This stuff is a great water proof, tough as nails filler used for applications just like this. These pictures show Chase cutting down the filler with a DA sander. Once this is smoothed up, we will prime over this and use regular body filler to make is straight. We also put some filler on the seam where the factory air condition box was on the dash. When we install a Vintage Air install, we weld up this hole to make things look a bit better. We all three got in on the action on this one today, not sure how I missed Chris working on it. But I guess he got a good shot of me looking like a corn ball. Anyway, if all goes well tomorrow, we are going to try to get this Camaro in the booth and prepped for epoxy and slick sand. We may not get it primed, but ready for Friday morning would be great. Lets see how long lady luck will hang out with us.
Yes, we got another Pathfinder in today and oddly enough, out today. This Nissan was the victim of a parking lot scuffle and suffered a a pretty good blow. When the SUV came in Chris got right to work taking it apart to check for additional damage. Since none was found we were able to roll right along as planned. When the bumper came in, Chase was able to get it painted and cleared right after lunch. After a couple hours of dry time, Chris re-installed it and sent it to clean up. So a same day turn around, not too shabby if I do say so myself.
In order to keep this Pathfinder moving along, we chose to go ahead and paint the right fender without having the bumper yet. The bumper will be here in the morning but we can get that painted pretty quickly and still maybe have time to put it all together. We wont rush it, but sometimes things work out that way, sometimes they dont. As you can see, Chase did a fabulous job on this fender. The body work and the paint turned out very nicely.
Today we received a few boxes of goodies for the Camaro. The Vintage Air system came in. Vintage Air is a company that makes Air conditioning systems for just about any car imaginable. This unit will supply both heat and A/C. Here you can see us doing a mock up of where its going to be mounted. We also cut the holes for the vents, on each side and a center vent above where the controls mount in the dash.We also test fit the defrost vents which you cant see in these pictures. You can see where the bulkhead will be mounted. This part allows the coolant and the refrigerant to pass through the firewall into the unit and back out to the compressor and to the water pump. This test fit went very well. Hooking all that stuff up in a few months will be the challenging part.
This poor Pathfinder took a beating last week. First of all it got backed into on Wednesday and put the basketball sized dent in the bumper and the slight buckle in the fender. Then on Friday it got backed into again and mangled the middle of the bumper as well as broke the grill and headlight. We now have in the shop where it should be safe for a few days. We will give it a face lift while its here including a new bumper, grill headlight and fix that fender. We opted to go ahead and fix the fender while we wait on the parts to arrive. With a little luck, it will be back on the road by Friday.
Another job complete and satisfied customer. If you remember this truck was damaged from vandalism on the right fender. The damage was substantial enough that it warranted a new fender. We replaced the fender, painted it then blended the hood and the door for color match. We re-assembled it this morning and sent it to clean up. Here you see it ready for delivery. All cleaned up and ready for the long weekend. Have a good Memorial Day!!