More shiny parts!
Back in the both today on the Camaro. We painted the hood, header, and the drip rail moldings. We started by prepping the header and cowl. We blocked them out then hand sanded the nooks and crannies. Once that was ready we taped the bottom of the hood up so we didnt get any blue on black and set the other stuff up to paint. Chase sealed the parts with dark grey then laid down 3 coats of blue followed by 2 coats of clear. Long term readers of this site will say, WAIT! I thought you put 3 coats of clear on. Well, we do, except in this case. Since we have to lay down racing stripes too, its foolish and too costly to have that much clear build up. When we do the stripes, we will sand this clear down, tape up the stripes, paint the stripes, then clear it again. So rest assured, there will be plenty of clear on there.