Lots of work getting done this week on the Camaro. Starting first thing this morning we all jumped on the body to finish up the sanding. Once that was done, we cleaned the booth up to get as nice a job as possible. After the booth was clean, we tapped the car to keep overspray from getting all over places we dont want paint. Chase was able to get a good coat of sealer on before lunch which is the flat dark grey looking picture. After we got bellies full, Chase sprayed the blue base coat on the body. After 3 coats of color, Chase switched to clear and laid down 3 really nice coats of that. The body turned out great. Chase did a great job on the paint, and we all played a part in the body work which looks really nice too. While Chase was painting, Chris and I wet sanded the doors to achieve the High Performance Finish. Chris then buffed them up to a super high gloss. We still have to paint the semi gloss black on the dash and inside the doors, we hope to get that done this week too. But this was quite enough for one day.
Posted on July 30, 2013, in 1967 Chevrolet Camaro, High Performance Finishes and tagged Base Coat, Camaro paint, Clean, Clear Coat, High Performance Finish, Paint, Prime. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.