All shined up

IMG_2316 IMG_2314 IMG_2313 IMG_2311 IMG_2309 IMG_2308 IMG_2317Phew, what a work out.  Chris and I started blocking out the body on the Camaro this morning. We used our tried and true 3 step method of 1000 then 2000 then 3000 grit steps. Then we started the buffing process. I know my shoulders will feel it tomorrow.  The pictures of the car wet but with dull paint is what the clear looks like after sanding it. The purpose of this step is to remove the orange peel. This is going the extra mile. This is what makes paint really shine and POP! You can see this in the picture of the two meat heads in the reflection. Now that this is done its time to start putting it all back together. From here on out, each step will be looking more and more like a car. We did put the bulk head in and installed the dash vents for the a/c. Next week we should have the doors, fenders, trunk, engine installed.

Advertisements

Posted on August 9, 2013, in 1967 Chevrolet Camaro, High Performance Finishes and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: