Daily Archives: September 3, 2013

Gotta get back in time..

IMG_2504 IMG_2503 IMG_2501 IMG_2513 IMG_2512 IMG_2524This 442 was dropped off today. Its a 1985 model and is in great shape. The owner bought this car new and with the exception of one bump up on the left door a few months into it life, its accident free. Today we removed a lot of the trim parts and decals. We will not be taking this car completely apart but we will remove some parts to make a nicer job. This will be somewhat of a daily driver so going all out is not really needed.  The last picture is probably my favorite. Going through customer cars is not something we do here, but the shape of that console lid sparked Chris’ curiosity so he opened it up at the end of the as he was pulling it back in. He called me over to the car once inside and showed me this. Having grown up in the 80’s this was right up my alley. A factory installed cassette tape storage bin right in the console. It still works and has a tape or two in there. Its like a time machine.  An iPod from the 80’s, well sorta.

Advertisements

A new customer

IMG_2497 IMG_2496 IMG_2495 IMG_2522This Caravan came in yesterday to get a new door installed. We trimmed the used door out yesterday and was able to get it installed. Today we slid in into the booth first thing this morning and Chase went to work on it. We painted the door, blended the front door for a good color match and fixed some scratches in the right quarter panel. Then clear was sprayed to protect all that color and make it shine. He finished up just before lunch, (perfect timing) and we had it cleaned up right after lunch. The owners picked up today and couldn’t believe how quickly we were able to get it back to them. Im pretty sure we have a new customer.

Pedal faster

IMG_2494 IMG_2493 IMG_2521 IMG_2515 IMG_2520 IMG_2519We got the pedal car back from the sand blaster last week. Today we started doing the metal work. We had several hole and tears in the metal that had to be welded up so we started there. Next, Chris sanded every inch of this thing, just ask him, he has bloody fingers to prove it. After that we hung it up in the booth and wiped it clean inside and out. Chase then sprayed a coat of epoxy primer inside and out. After that had dried sufficiently, he spray 2 coats of slick sand on just the outside. This will give us a good foundation for body repair. We will block this out, fix all the dents then re-prime it. The same steps we do on out full sized cars will be take on this, so it will turn out just as nice too.

%d bloggers like this: