Monthly Archives: October 2013

Altima’s back

IMG_2779 IMG_2780 IMG_2782 IMG_2784 IMG_2785 IMG_2786Frequent readers may remember this car. It came in last week and was sent over to the frame shop to get the rear body panel pulled out. We got it back today and promptly started on the body work. We fixed 2 good sized dents in the trunk and straightened out the body panel. We used a hammer and dolly to get the metal worked out to where we could use filler to straighten out the dents. You can see Chris sanding around the body filler so we can feather the primer out. We did get it primed but neglected to get the picture. Tomorrow we will get this one painted.

Advertisements

Ready to shoot

IMG_2764 IMG_2765 IMG_2766We rolled today on the old truck. We blocked out all the primer, sanded it smooth, then went over it again with a scotch bright to be sure we have it all sanded. We then washed the truck. All the jambs, under the hood and fender wells are clean. We managed to also get it taped up and in the booth. We will start painting in the morning, let it dry over lunch, (we dont miss any meals here haha) then clear it tomorrow afternoon.

Touch and go

IMG_2761 IMG_2760This new Sante Fe was involved in a very small bump up. It was almost undetectable, but if you looked really close you could see a slight bump in the bumper and the lower textured part of the bumper had a scratch in it. We are replacing the lower valance and doing a small repair on the bumper. You can see it repaired here and tomorrow we will paint it.

Little primer, little liner

IMG_2750 IMG_2751 IMG_2752 IMG_2753 IMG_2755 IMG_2762 IMG_2763Great progress today on the old Chevy. We were able to get the truck in primer and also do the spray in bed liner. We spent the bigger part of the morning putting the final touches on sanding the truck. The chips were sanded out, we finished stripping the roof before lunch. After lunch we prepped the truck for primer and masked it off. Chris sprayed the etching primer on the roof, then sprayed 3 good coats of urethane primer on all the spots that needed it. Once the primer dried a bit, we taped the bed up for the Raptor liner. Chris went at it again and spray in the bed liner. He thought so much of what he had done, he celebrated with a picture of himself. Tomorrow, we will start blocking out all the primer areas and get it ready for a new coat of paint.

Sanding sanding and more sanding

IMG_2743 IMG_2744 IMG_2745 IMG_2746 IMG_2747Today we worked on the old Chevy. Quite a bit was done. There was a pretty big dent in the right door, but we have it under control now.  The hood that was stripped a week ago was etched primed followed by 3 coats of urethane primer. The hole that was in the lower cab corner on the right side was also straightened out today. Jordan spent quite a bit of time sanding the roof down and was also able to start sanding the bed, which will get a bedliner.

Taco to go

IMG_2735 IMG_2742After the BMW bumper was painted, we were able to get the Tacoma in the booth. We masked off the areas that we didn’t want to get paint on, then put a bag over the rest of the truck to keep the over spray off. Once the paint was dry, we untapped it, and set it outside to finish drying. After a bit, we re-installed the tail light and put a new stripe on. The owner was very pleased with the repair. Not bad for a days work.

Back in business

IMG_2739 IMG_2740We slid the bumper into the booth this morning as planned. We painted it and cleared it before lunch and Chris was able to get it back on the car this afternoon. As you can see it all turned out very nice.

Now we’re cooking

IMG_2731Today we buttoned up the dash on the Camaro. The gauges have all been checked and passed. So we went ahead and installed the gauge cluster in the dash for the final time. We also installed the center dash cover as well. Moving along, it wont be long now.

Hit and run

IMG_2725 IMG_2727 IMG_2728 IMG_2734What we’ve got here is yet ANOTHER parking lot bump up. This time was a hit and run. This one too has had a previous repair. What we did was pull the dented area out, mostly by hand but we did use the stud welder to pull the deepest part of the dent out. After that we applied filler to the dented areas then blocked it out to ensure a smooth flat surface. We timed this repair with the repair of the bumper and Chris primed them both at the same time. We will paint this one tomorrow after the bumper on the BMW.

Bad Bimmer

IMG_2723 IMG_2729 IMG_2733What we’ve got here is a bimmer that didn’t look where it was going.  A victim of a minor parking lot bump up revealed a previous repair from a few years ago. We cleaned all that up, applied the correct type of repair material to the bumper, then blocked it out to make sure it was straight and smooth. We were able to get it primed today which means we will get this sanded and prepped in the morning. Then we will paint it.

%d bloggers like this: