Back together again

IMG_3075 IMG_3076 IMG_3077 IMG_3078 IMG_3080 IMG_3082 IMG_3083 IMG_3087 IMG_3086 IMG_3095 IMG_3096 IMG_3097 IMG_3098 IMG_3101 IMG_3099 IMG_3100This week we were able to get some work done on the Chevelle. Jordan has been blocking and sanding on the fenders for the past few weeks here and there, in between other jobs and this week they were finally ready for paint. Early yesterday morning Chris and I slid them into the booth to get some color on there. We started the process by completely blowing them off to ensure there was no dust hiding out. We then wiped them down with a wax and grease remover. We followed that up with more blowing and more dust removal using a tack rag. Once they were good and clean, I started painting with a coat of white sealer. This will help with the coverage and evenness of the color coat. Once we were covered with color, three coats of clear was applied.  They really turned out very nice. Today we finally mated the body back to the frame. You can see Jordan and Chris laying down on the job, as usual. They said they were checking the bolt alignment but I didnt fall for that.  A little later we did have it wrapped up. I really think the black frame and painted underside looks very nice. Now that we have a post lift in the shop, we will be able to do more of these.

Advertisements

Posted on December 11, 2013, in 1971 Chevelle SS and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: