After a day off, we had a block party
After taking a snow day on Thursday, Friday, Chris and I got right to work blocking on the Chevelle. Its been a pretty good while since we last worked on this one, but we are back on it hard and heavy. We spent most of the morning blocking out the final primer on the body. After lunch we went back over the flat area with a block one final time then we sanded over the whole body once more with a DA with a soft pad. This is to put non directional scratches in the primer. Sometimes you may see straight line scratches from blocking. The soft pad does away with these with out compromising the straightness of the panel. We then started sanding the nooks and crannies of the door jambs and window openings. We didnt quite get that done on yesterday but we should on Monday no problem. Next week is supposed to be much warmer which will be just perfect for painting this beauty. We did discover a few areas that needed a little more attention during this process, so before we left we shot a few coats of primer on those areas so Monday they will be good and dry and ready to go.