Squashed bug

IMG_3706 IMG_3694 IMG_3695Ahh, this poor little Beetle got into a scuffle with a Nissan Xterra. Luckily it wasnt really all that bad. It could have been much worse. We will be installing a new fender, tail lamp assembly and bumper. The deck lid and rear apron will be repaired. We started by removing the bent up parts and fixing the rest. We had to do a little bit of welding on the apron to get it up to snuff. The lower lip that bolts the fender to the apron was damaged beyond repair, so we cut it out and welded in a new piece. The parts will take a few more days to come in but in the meanwhile we will get the body work wrapped up and in primer so we can keep this project moving along.

Advertisements

Posted on March 10, 2014, in Collision Repair and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: