Monthly Archives: April 2014
Keep it moving
The hood came in today for the Maxima so we wasted no time getting it painted. Early this morning, Chris painted the front bumper, then later when the hood arrived I painted it. While I was painting the hood, Chris and Jordan was busy building the front of the Maxima. The coolant was installed. As well as charging the A/C system. Speaking of the hood, as you can see we sprayed a full coat of sealer to help with adhesion and color match. We followed that with a few coats of base coat. Once that was dry, a couple of coats of clear was sprayed. Tomorrow we will be getting in the last few pieces for this job. We also hope to get these last few parts installed. If we dont have a tornado tomorrow, it possible , this once could make it home.
Getting a little closer
This is the Lexus that came in yesterday. Today we did get the body work complete and primed before the day was over. The body work went very smoothly with this today. We started today by blocking out the filler that was put on yesterday. We then applied a coat of body glaze to fine tune the repair a little more. Body glaze is a type of filler with a little more resin in it to make it a bit more creamy. This allows the filler to spread more smoothly. Once that was sanded, we cleaned up the repair area then masked the area off for primer. Tomorrow we should be able to get this one in the booth and get some paint on it.
Back to black
Today the Mustang took its turn in the booth. We started by cleaning it and taping it up. We masked off the areas that we weren’t painting. Once it was ready to spray, a coat of urethane sealer was applied. Once that flashed, 3 coats of color was sprayed. We followed that with 2 coats of high solids clear coat. This all too the bigger part of the day. We ended up leaving it in the booth for the rest of the day. Tomorrow we still need to paint the side scoop and the left rocker panel. Once those are painted we have to put it back together and get it cleaned up for the customer.
This Maxima was involved in an accident right out in front of our shop the other day. After asking around for a repair shop, he was referred to us. We started by removing all of the damaged parts to get a good assessment on what needed to be replaced. This is really the best way to write an estimate because it greatly increases your chances of ordering all the parts you need the first time. As you can see, this one took a bigger hit that the last Maxima we fixed earlier this week. We will be replacing everything that has been removed from this car. Its a pretty big job, and looks like its really bad. Fortunately, there is no major damage to the structure. All of the broken parts are bolt on parts. Hopefully this one will go pretty easily.