Monthly Archives: June 2014

Dang garage door II

IMG_4264 IMG_4259Yep, this one too. Had this beautiful Escalade been backed in one more inch, the front bumper would have been spared. Luckily it was pretty minor and didnt cause a lot of damage. As you can see we did remove the bumper and disassembled it to ensure a high quality repair.  We did get this repair primed before we left today. With a little luck, we may get this on painted tomorrow too.

Advertisements

Dang garage door

IMG_4253 IMG_4254 IMG_4256This Civic is in the shop to get its trunk repaired. The owner pulled into the garage and closed the garage door but the car was just a few inches short of clearing the door. The door hit the trunk and left a pretty good scratch in it. Chris was able to get the small dent and scratch repaired today and primed. We had time before the end of the day to block out the primer and sand the rest of the trunk for paint. Tomorrow this one will take its turn in the booth.

Paint day

IMG_4243IMG_4242IMG_4241IMG_4240IMG_4248IMG_4246IMG_4249Friday we painted the Chevelle. Since the engine was in and the frame was painted, we had to take special precautions to keep over spray off them. We bagged the bottom of the car and wrapped it over the engine. Then, a few pieces of paper over the windows and doors finished up the masking. Once it was all prepped up, a coat of sealer, three coats of color and three coats of clear rounded up this paint job. As you can see from these pictures, it turned out pretty good.

Part time

IMG_4234 IMG_4235 IMG_4239 IMG_4236After the bed liner dried, we had enough time to paint some miscellaneous parts off of the old 1967 Chevelle.  Jordan spent most of yesterday prepping these for paint. I hope to get back on the body of this one tomorrow. With any luck it could go into the booth on Friday to get its shiny new coat.

Liner time

IMG_4230 IMG_4231 IMG_4232 IMG_4233This Tundra came in today to get the bed freshened up a bit with a spray in bedliner. We started by removing all the brackets and tie downs in the bed, we removed the tail gate then started sanding. After of a couple of hours of sanding we were able to blow it all clean and roll it into the booth. We then wiped it all down to be sure its as clean as possible. Next we masked off the areas that we didnt want liner on. Once that was all good, we sprayed the Raptor liner. Now his bed will look good for years to come.

Living on the edge

IMG_4204IMG_4208IMG_4209This Edge was painted yesterday. While I was painting the Odyssey, Chris was super busy putting this one back together. Everything went back together very nicely. Once Chris had it all buttoned up, it was sent over to clean up. The owner was very happy to get back into their own vehicle and they too were very satisfied with the repair.

Day at the spa

IMG_4206 IMG_4207 IMG_4210 IMG_4211 IMG_4212 IMG_4205 IMG_4219 IMG_4217 IMG_4218This is the Odyssey from Crash up derby. We were able to get quite a bit done on it today. Things went so smoothly in fact, that it went back home today. Here you can see it in the booth. The pictures where the paint looks really flat is what base coat looks like with no clear. The clear is what protects the color from UV light. It also is what provides the shine.  These warm days sure has sped up the drying process on the paint we use. Since this Odyssey was sanded late yesterday, we were able to slide it right in the booth first thing this morning. We had it painted and drying during lunch. After lunch we all three jumped on the van to get its parts put back in their right spots. After a couple of hours we had it wrapped up and was sending it to clean up. The owner was so happy to get their car back. They were surprised that were very pleased with the repair and the quick turn around.

Crash up derby

IMG_4191 IMG_4190 IMG_4189 IMG_4188 IMG_4194 IMG_4193 IMG_4198This Odyssey is the result of another parking lot bump up. We did get quite a bit done on this today. Jordan removed the rear bumper first thing this morning. Once he had that off, he started the repair on the bumper. Chris removed the interior panel to allow access to the inside of the panel. This allows us to push the low parts of the metal out from the inside. This reduces the amount of body filler needed for the repair. Once the metal was as straight as possible, we applied the body filler. Chris got a good jump on blocking it out and we worked on it together to finish it up. Before we left, we were able to get primer on it. Tomorrow we will block out the primer on the quarter and rear bumper and prep it all up for paint.

Oh dear

IMG_4185 IMG_4187 IMG_4186 IMG_4192 IMG_4195 IMG_4196This Ford Edge was involved in a collision with a deer last week. It took a pretty good hit. We will be replacing the front bumper and repairing the front and read doors. As you can see we got quite a bit done on it today. The normal procedure for us is to remove the door handles, belt molding and side mirror. This ensures the best quality job possible. It reduces taping and makes for a much nicer job. Once those parts were off, we started the repair on the doors. I thought I took some pictures of the repair but it looks like I didnt. Once the repair was up so par, we masked off the areas to keep over spray off the other panels, then primed it. Tomorrow we plan on blocking out the primer and setting this one up to be painted.

Truckin’

IMG_4179 IMG_4178This awesome little C-10 was finished up today. We did rust repair on the doors and painted a fender that had to be replaced a while back. The owner just wanted to patch up the bad spots to keep it on the road for now. He hopes to get a full paint job down the road.

%d bloggers like this: