Monthly Archives: August 2014

Black Beauty

IMG_4448 IMG_4449 IMG_4455 IMG_4452 IMG_4451 IMG_4453We got started on this Maxima this morning by blocking out the repair areas. Once that was done, we sanded the rest of the panels to be painted. We then wet sanded the panels to make sure the panels were sanded properly and were clean. Washing the vehicle came last. It was then set out to dry. Once dry, we pulled it in the booth and set it up for paint. The jambs were masked off as well as the other areas that we didnt want to paint. While this was being done, Jordan was mixing the paint so we can keep this job moving along. In the first couple of pictures you can see the grey sealer that was sprayed over the primer areas. The black base coat was up next. Clear coat is the last layer to be applied. Its also the layer that provides the shine and protection to the base coat. Tomorrow we will put this one back together and get it all cleaned up for the owner.

Advertisements

Smashed Maxima

IMG_4432 IMG_4433 IMG_4447This Maxima was bumped up by a neighbor. Accidents happen and the good news is there isn’t a whole lot of damage. Although the dents were fairly large they aren’t deep and fairly easy to repair. The damage could have been a lot worse, We will be fixing the rear bumper, right quarter and right rear door. I’m not sure why we didn’t get any pictures of the repair process, but we didn’t. We did get all of the dents fixed and primed as well as everything removed to make a clean repair. We will get this one in the booth tomorrow and painted. Stay tuned. 

Nothing but studs here

IMG_4429 IMG_4430 IMG_4434 IMG_4435 IMG_4437 IMG_4438 IMG_4439 IMG_4441 IMG_4442 IMG_4443 IMG_4444 IMG_4446This Avalanche is in the shop to get the right bedside fixed up. You see, the owner of this truck let her husband drive it one day. The husband a bit too close to the mailbox. (Yes, that’s what I said, must have been some mailbox) Anyway, no matter which way he turned he couldn’t get away from the mailbox. So, he just hammered down and let the chips fall where they may. Well, this is the result. We first started by prepping the panel for the stud welder. We had to grind all the paint down to the metal so the studs would weld in. We then used the puller to pull out the low areas. This process keeps the amount body filler low and thin. Once all the studs were cut off and ground down, the body filler was applied. The last step shows the repair area in primer. Tomorrow we will block out the primer and wet sand the rest of the panels and give it a wash. Paint comes next.

All keyed off, complete

IMG_4428 IMG_4426 IMG_4427 IMG_4424 IMG_4422 IMG_4421 IMG_4425 IMG_4420We have completed these 2 jobs today. If you are a frequent visitor, you know that both of these vehicles were vandalized. Today they are all finished up and ready to return home. 

Little closer

IMG_4414This Durango was a victim of vandalism. We now have it all repaired, sanded and ready for paint. It will go into the booth in the morning to be returned to it original luster.

Keyed off, paint day

IMG_4413 IMG_4418 IMG_4419 IMG_4415 IMG_4416 IMG_4417 Yesterday we prepped the Mazda for paint. Here you can see Chris working hard on just like always. Once sanding was complete, a through wash job was performed.  This morning we put the car in the booth and wiped it all down to ensure a quality job. We then mixed up urethane sealer and applied that to the car. Once that dried, 3 coats of color was applied. We followed that up with 2 coats of high solids clear. I have to say it really turned out nice. Tomorrow this one gets put back together.

All keyed off

IMG_4407 IMG_4408 IMG_4409 IMG_4412This new Durango is our latest vandalism claim. While the owner enjoyed lunch someone scratched up his SUV. WE started just like we always do, removing the door handles, mirror, belt moldings were all removed to ensure a quality repair. Once those were removed Chris sanded out the scratches and prepared it for primer. All the scratches are fixed and as you can see we did get it in primer. This one will be painted on Wednesday, so check back then for the update.

Orange Crush

IMG_4390 IMG_4391 IMG_4392The Jeep is finally ready to return to its owner. After a couple of weeks at the shop this Jeeps makeover is now complete. An all over paint job, spray in bedliner, new lights and host of other goodies round out this job. Hugger orange was chosen for the color to make it stand out and I think it complements this monster quite nicely. Its been a fun project, I’m sure the owner is chomping at the bit to cruise around in his new Jeep.

Pumpkin Jeep

IMG_4383 IMG_4384 IMG_4385 IMG_4388 IMG_4389 IMG_4375 IMG_4376 IMG_4373 IMG_4372 IMG_4374 IMG_4379 IMG_4380 IMG_4382 IMG_4381Ahhhh. Much better. This Jeep looks great orange. We started by putting the final prep on here this morning. We finished wiping it down and masking it off. Once all that was done, a coat of urethane sealer was sprayed followed by 3 coats of color and 2 coats of clear. Since we got an early start on painting, we had enough time to apply the bedliner to the roll bar and front bumper. Our plan is to start putting this back together tomorrow. New stainless bolts were purchased today to make the assembly a bit easier and improve the looks. If all goes well, the owner will riding in style by the weekend.

Scratch and dent sale

IMG_4369 IMG_4368This Miata was the victim of some vandalism a few weeks ago. We started by sanding all the scratches out and removing the parts to ensure a quality job. We will be removing door handles and mirrors as well, we just ran out of time today. There are also a few dents in this car that will also get repaired. Once those are fixed we will prime everything at the same time. Block out the primer then prep for paint would be next on the list.

%d bloggers like this: