Monthly Archives: September 2014
Alright STOP, liner time
The ’52 Ford fenders spent a little more time in the booth today to get the bedliner sprayed today. We masked off the areas that we did not want to spray then Jordan went to work. After the bedliner was sprayed and dried, we sanded back over the fenders one more time to prep them up for epoxy and slick sand. This will happen Monday. We just ran out of time today.
Its Friday, get your grill on
Today we were able to put in some time on the Chevelle. We installed the left fender extension, all new bulbs and the grill. We also installed the hood latch and grill support. It really is starting to take shape here. A few more minor adjustments here and there, and install the front bumper and this one will be just about wrapped up.
Remember this muscle car? This is the ’71 Chevelle that we have been working on for a while now. The owner took the car to his mechanic to get the last few mechanical things buttoned up. It came back today for us to finish up the last few things we need to do. Today we installed the hood and started building the front end. Keep an eye on this one as we wrap it up. Its is a real head turner.
Pick up, isle 2
This SanteFe was the victim of a side swipe. The damage was pretty bad, but could have been a lot worse. In the previous post we show the repair process here we show painting process and clear coat. We also put up a couple of finished pictures. We painted this yesterday and put it all back together this morning. We then sent it over to clean up so the owner would be picking up a clean vehicle tomorrow.
Bed time II
Back in the booth today to paint the remaining parts of the bed. This completes all the painting for the bed parts. We will let these sit for a while then wet sand and buff them. We hope to get more parts back from the blaster to keep this project moving. I will say, its not often we have a whole section of a vehicle painted in the first few weeks.
Ahh, isn’t that better? The bed panels that were prepped yesterday got their turn in the booth today. The owner picked this very vibrant red for her hot rod. I think it fits quite nicely. We hung these parts up first thing this morning then prepped them and the booth for paint. Once they were prepped, we sprayed a coat of urethane sealer over the panels to ensure uniform coverage. Once that product had dried, we sprayed a few coats of the knock your eyes out red. Once that had sufficient drying time, 3 coats of PPG high solids clear coat was sprayed. These panels turned out very nicely. Tomorrow we will paint the rest of the bed panels that would not fit in the booth today. Next week these panels will get the High Performance Finish touch. These panels will get wet sanded and buffed to provide the customer with the ultimate gloss.