Monthly Archives: November 2014
These Camaro wheels are getting a fresh coat of paint. The owner wanted to add a custom touch to his 2010 Camaro. The factory wheels had a polished type look to them. We cleaned and sanded them down and proper prepped them for paint. Once they were in the booth a coat of PPG Epoxy sealer was sprayed on them to all proper adhesion of the top coat. The top coat is a semi-flat or eggshell black. Tomorrow the new tires get mounted and we will put them back on the car. Check back tomorrow to see the new look.
This Maxima was involved in a little scuffle over the weekend. Nothing bad at all really but it did warrant a new bumper. In the first few pictures you see Chris putting the clear on the bumper. Sorry, I missed the first few steps on painting this one. The last couple of pictures show the damage that was done to the car. Tomorrow we will get the new bumper on and all wrapped up just in time for the Thanksgiving festivities.
The 1952 Ford is coming together right nicely. This morning we blocked out the fenders, header panel and inner fenders. Since it was a little warmer today we opted to go ahead and prep them and get them painted today. Warmer temperatures makes the paint dry a little better so since we had several parts ready, we took advantage of it. The first few pictures were taken after the sealer was applied. Sealer is used to provide a uniform layer to help with the coverage of the color coats. 4 coats of color were followed by 3 coats of clear. As you can see they turned out very slick. We will give these a few weeks to fully dry then we will wet sand and buff these just like we did the rear ones.
Yesterday and today we blocked out the front fenders for the ’52 Ford. They turned out pretty good but we did have to go back and apply a little more filler in the right one. No big deal, thats really why we do it this way. Its better to see that now, than after they have been painted. Today we applied the final coats of primer to these fenders. Next week these will be ready to see red.
This Acura hit a deer last week. If you scroll down a few posts you will see what it looked like when it came in. We did get the “go ahead” on this one yesterday so we did. All the parts are ordered and should be here tomorrow. Since the A/C condenser is local, it did come in today and we were able to get it installed and re-charged the system. Tomorrow the fender and bumper get painted then it takes a trip to the local Honda dealership to get new airbags and seat belts.
This Altima is in the shop to get a new front door. The door came in yesterday and we did get it trimmed out and back on the car before we went home yesterday. This morning we got right to work prepping it for paint. I wish I had taken pictures of the headlights when the car came in. They were yellowed and very dull. They were in such bad shape they were greatly reducing her vision while driving at night. We did our headlight restoration process on them while we were painting the side today as well. We blended the color out onto the rear door and front fender to ensure a quality repair and color match. We took these pictures after having it cleaned up. This one should go home tomorrow.