Monthly Archives: January 2015
Here is the Trail Blazer SS in the booth. This one was first up this morning in the booth. The primer was blocked out and the rest of the panel was prepped for paint. It was then put in the booth and masked off. Chris did a great job painting this. It was re-assembled today and will be delivered to the owner tomorrow.
This Trail Blazer SS came by late today to get an estimate on a dent in the quarter panel. The price was right so the owner went ahead and left to get repaired. We got started on it right away. When we removed the tail lamp we noticed that one of the plugs that helps hold the light in was missing. While Chris go to work fixing the dent, I got on the horn and ordered one up. No sense in not getting one and fixing it right while its out. Thats just what we do here. The dent was repaired and primed today before we left. The new plug will be in on Monday. It will be painted first thing Monday and back to the owner by Tuesday.
This Mustang is in the shop to get the roof stripes painted on. For some reason, the roof stripes were not painted like the hood and trunk stripes, they are vinyl decals. Over the years vinyl breaks down from the suns UV rays. The owner bought the car like this but first thing on the list was to correct the roof. The front chin spoiler had also had some road rash scars that he wanted to fix as well. He came to the right place. We started by removing the old stripes. A heat gun, finger nails and time. We had to heat up the vinyl, pick at it to get a piece to it started and do our best to peel it up in pieces as big as possible. It took some time but we did get it. Next step was to mask it all up and paint them on. Once they were painted, we unmasked the stripes then laid down 2 coats of clear. Monday we will put it back together and get it back to its owner.
The rust on this Accord shows what happens to cars that come from up north and what the consequenses of using salt on road to melt ice. In Honda’s defense, there has been a previous repair in this very area. It was a very nice repair but somehow, someway, something worked its way under the paint and caused this. Luckily we got to it before a hole has formed. It was just a simple surface rust problem. We ground the paint off until we got to clean metal. Once that was done, we applied a coat of POR 15 over the rust. POR encapsulates the rust removing the oxygen. This keeps it from ever returning. Once that was dry, we smoothed the are up and primed it in. Tomorrow, this one will be silver again.