Monthly Archives: April 2015

’52 Ford, back on track

DSCF7620 DSCF7615 DSCF7616 DSCF7617 DSCF7618 DSCF7619Work continued on the ’52 Ford today. We the body work on the hood pretty much wrapped up. There is only 2 more spots to block out before priming again. This hood was a bit of a challenge getting straight but we managed to do it. We also was able to pull the door out and get some repair work moving on it as well.

Advertisements

Two Tone

DSCF7612 DSCF7613 DSCF7611Today Paul laid down a nice two tone on this new Dodge. It really turned out nice. Tomorrow we will reinstall the flares and running boards and get it cleaned up for the customer.

Two toner

DSCF7609 DSCF7610This new Ram is in the shop to get some customizing.We will be two toning the bottom with a medium grey color. Today Paul painted the flares, tomorrow we will get the bottom done. Stay tuned to see the finished product.

’52 Ford Update

DSCF7604 DSCF7605 DSCF7608 DSCF7607Yesterday we were able to get epoxy primer on the door we prepped for the 1952 Ford Truck. There has been extensive metal work done on the door by MurFab. He cut out all the old rusty metal and installed new. He also installed Bear Claw latches which will modernize the operation of the door. This thing will open and close like butter.  This door was meticulously prepped before the epoxy was sprayed. The epoxy provides great protection for the metal and a great base for the slick sand and body filler that will go on top of this.  We hope to get a few coats of slick sand on here tomorrow so we can get the body work moving along.

Touch and go

DSCF7588 DSCF7589 DSCF7596 DSCF7603This Camry is in the shop to get the front bumper repaired. We have all seen it before, a car with a hole in the bumper. This is usually caused by a trailer hitch on a truck backing into, or a car pulling too close to that hitch. In this case, the driver of the truck just happened to stop and the exact moment the hitch hit the bumper.  A very nice dent, but no hole. This was repaired by first removing the bumper then using a heat gun, the dent was heated up and pushed back out. A little filler on there to be sure its all smoothed up and straight then its off to the paint shop for primer and paint. The last picture shows the bumper painted and ready for reassembly.

Color time

DSCF7580 DSCF7578This Maxima is in the shop to get new parts after being attacked by a deer. Paul painted this as Chris and I was working on the ’52 Ford truck. I didnt get a picture of this one with clear on it, but here it is with the base coat and pearl coats applied. We hope to get this one back together on Monday and back to the owner by Tuesday or Wednesday.

Someone get the door

DSCF7584 DSCF7585 DSCF7576 DSCF7577 DSCF7581 DSCF7582 DSCF7583Back on the old ’52 today, we welded up a few pin holes we found while sanding on the right door. Its not uncommon to come across small pinholes either from the metal work or from year of prior service. Extra care must be taken to be sure that every one of them is welded up. Once they were welded Chris ground them back down and the work on prepping the door for primer resumed. This door is almost ready for the first stages of primer. We also worked on the hood some more today and got a few more dents fixed in it. Once the hood is ready for primer we will stick both the hood and door in the booth and prime them together. The door will then get the same steps you have seen on the hood.

’52 Ford, block party

DSCF7569 DSCF7572 DSCF7573Today we pulled the hood out from the ’52 Ford truck. Paul, the new guy, blocked out the slick sand to show the low and high spots. Once that was done, we started applying filler to smooth it all out. The fun really begins then. Lots of blocking with long blocks to ensure a panel that is as flat and straight as possible. Chris was feeling left out, so he joined in the fun. We spent the afternoon on this and should be able to do more tomorrow and Friday. Hopefully now with another person, we can keep these restoration projects moving a little more often. Stay tuned.

Maxima update

DSCF7574 DSCF7575The Maxima received a new radiator and condenser today. Both were removed and Chris re-installed the new ones. The A/C was recharged and new coolant in was added. All systems were then checked out to be sure everything was working properly. Tomorrow the new bumper and fender comes in. With a little luck, we can get the fender trimmed out, installed, prepped for paint and painted. It will be a full day, but Can happen if the parts come in in time.

%d bloggers like this: