Monthly Archives: July 2015

Dents gone

DSCF7969This little MR2 was in the shop to get the fender repaired on it. I guess I missed getting pictures of the process, but here is the finished results. This fender had a dent in it that had started rusting. It was the size of a baseball but now, that is all history.

Bumped up bumper

DSCF7961 DSCF7967 DSCF7970 DSCF7960 DSCF7972This BMW was in tussle with a post in a parking lot. It did a very small amount of damage to the bumper but unfortunately the guys wife wouldn’t let him live it down. So, he stopped by to have it repaired for her. We first removed the bumper to allow access to the back side of the bumper. We heated the bad spots and molded them back to as close to where they were supposed to be as possible. We then filled the low areas and blocked it out to smooth up the area as best as possible. Primer was then put on the repair to fill in the final spots and provide a nice base for the paint. The entire fender was then sanded to ensure a good adhesion for the sealer and paint layers that followed. 2 coats of clear rounded off the repair. Tomorrow we will reinstall this bumper and get the car back to its owner.

Stripping, no not that kind.

DSCF7959 DSCF7962 DSCF7966 DSCF7964 DSCF7968This Chevy truck is in the shop to get its roof repaired. The paint is peeling off of the roof and before long, it will start rusting making the repair much more costly. We started by removing the antenna and third brake light. We then used a razor blade to strip off the clear coat. Once all that was off, we used the same method to remove the white base coat. Its a tedious process but it must be done to ensure the paint does not peel more in the future. We then sanded off all of the factory e-coat. We then put it in the booth and masked off the areas we dont want to paint. Then a coat of PPG’s acid etching primer was sprayed on the bare metal. Once that was dry, we sealed the roof with urethane sealer followed by base coat then 2 coats of clear coat. This process is the best way to ensure that the paint does not peel any more in the future.

Rancher repair

DSCF7953 DSCF7955This Ford Ranger was painted here a several years ago. The owner had an unfortunate mishap when pulling into his garage.  As you can see, he got a little close to the door opening and creased his fender.  We fixed the dent and put it in primer before heading home.  Monday we hope to get this one sanded and painted so it can return home in a timely manner

 

 

 

 

 

Foose wheel paint

DSCF7949 DSCF7950 DSCF7951 DSCF7958 DSCF7957 DSCF7956Today we took some time to shoot a set of wheels for a customer. These wheels were polished and looked great. The problem was maintenance . There is lots of polishing that must be done to keep them looking like chrome.  So we were asked to paint them semi-gloss black to make the maintenance to almost none. Next week we will have the tires re-mounted and delivered back to the owner.

Beemer mender

DSCF7948This BMW is in the shop to get the left fender repaired. Being an aluminum fender, we have to send that out to our metal fabricator to get welded up. We removed it and took it to him, once he has welded it, we will finsih the repair, paint it and re-install it. This should be a fairly simple repair and we epect everything to so smothly.

Back at it

DSCF7935 DSCF7937 DSCF7940 DSCF7936 DSCF7942 DSCF7944Back on the cab today for Chris and I. Chris started on the roof and got that to a pretty good stopping point then moved on to the rear of the cab. We set it up on a stand to get to the lower areas of the cab. Chris blocked out all of the slick sand with 80 grit on a long block to smooth up the minor waves and ripples. The bigger areas were massaged out with a hammer and dolly before starting the filler steps. You can see here we have our second coat of filler on the back of the cab to smooth out the low and high areas. While we worked on the cab, Paul was putting the sand blaster to good use today. Head light buckets, hood hinges, springs, horn mounts and the front fresh air vent mecanism were all blasted today. We plan to continue the work on the cab and to get these blasted parts in epoxy primer over the next few days.

Cab work

DSCF7923 DSCF7925 DSCF7928 DSCF7929 DSCF7931 DSCF7933 DSCF7934The week before last we were able to get the inside floor and the bottom of the cab sprayed in our Raptor liner as well as the cab coated in Slick sand. You can see Paul spraying the Raptor liner in the first 2 pictures. This was done the day after the epoxy was sprayed in the previous post. Last week Chris and Paul started blocking out the slick sand with 80 grit to expose the low and high areas. They then started the body work on the roof by filling in the low areas and tapping the high areas down with a body hammer. You can see some of the body work on the roof. We will get back on this one tomorrow when some new supplies come in. Its going to be a dusty week here at the shop this week.

%d bloggers like this: