Monthly Archives: October 2015
Yesterday we prepped and sprayed the epoxy primer on the bed. Today we finished the bed with the application of the bed liner. We use Raptor brand spray in bed liner for is great looks and ease of application. This bed liner is perfect for light use. First thing this morning, the seams were filled in in the bed with SEM’s two part seam sealer. Once that was dry, Paul got to work spraying the Raptor liner. Paul then spent the rest of the day blocking out the cab, doors and fenders. Hopefully we will spray the bed first of the week next week. This project is now moving along nicely.
Over the past few days we have been prepping the bed for our bed liner system and doing some body work. Today we finished up the body work on the bed and primed it. Once it was dry, we set the bed up, masked it off and Paul sprayed PPG’s DP epoxy primer on the tail gate and bed. Tomorrow we have to seam seal the seams on the bed and once that is dry, we will apply the Raptor liner. Next week we will start spraying some color and clear.
The Beetle has still been moving along in the back ground. Last week the left B pillar was welded it because of rust, well yesterday and today, the right B pillar had its rust hole repaired. We also glued the rubbed down to the floor pans. We have to wait for a few parts to come in and get installed before we mate the body back to the pan, but that should happen this Friday.
The ’67 Beetle has been on the road to recovery this week. It received sound deadening material yesterday to ensure a quiet ride and 1 of 2 last minute rust repair procedures. The bottoms of the B-posts are rusted and it has very thin metal and holes on each side. Here you can see Chris welding in the patch panel on the left side. The right is just a little bit worse off that this side, but still plenty fixable. Once these are on, we will POR 15 the inner parts to prolong the metal thats inside there. This area will get body worked out next week as well as welding in the other side.
Yesterday we epoxy primed the ’86 and today we sprayed the urethane primer. All of this truck is now in primer. Paul started sanding the bed, prepping for the bed liner yesterday and continued it today as well. Our next step will be to block the body, repair any dents we have missed, which I’m sure will be at least a few, then its ready for paint. The owner stopped by yesterday and was very pleased with the progress. It will only look better and better from here on out. Stay tuned.
This truck is in the shop as a result of a hit and run. The damage was pretty extensive because of the sharp crease and the distance it was pushed in. We started the repair on this by using the port a power to jack out the damaged area. We then used a hammer and dolly to fine tune the shape back into the metal. Once the metal was close, we finished off the repair with some body filler to smooth out the low spots. Once the body work was up to par, Paul Put it into the booth and we primed it just before quitting time. Tomorrow we plan on blocking this primer out and prepping it for paint. If all goes well, it should be painted tomorrow.