Monthly Archives: April 2016

Parking lot bang up

DSCF9231DSCF9232DSCF9233DSCF9235This Accord is in the shop to get the “dog leg” portion of the left quarter panel repaired. It was the victim of a little parking lot bump up.Someone backed into the quarter and wheel area at a low speed so luckily there wasnt too much damage. We were able to “massage” the area back into shape and then used a light coat of filler to finish smoothing out the wrinkles. As you can see here we did get it all fixed today and primed. Sorry, I missed the primed pictures. Tomorrow we will block the primed area and prep the rest of the quarter and rear door for paint. Tomorrow this one will take its turn first in the booth.

Advertisements

Lead sled

DSCF9222DSCF9224We had the joy this week of working on this blast from the past. Its a ’51 Mercury, chopped and lowered with over 500 cubic inches of old school power. A few paint touch ups here and there and this beauty was back on the road. What a great looking car.

Mustang Sally…

DSCF9214DSCF9217DSCF9219DSCF9220DSCF9225This beautiful Mustang is in in the shop to get one of those pesky rock chips fixed. Dont you hate it when you have a brand new car and you get a rock chip in it and its the only flaw in the whole car?  Well the owner of this car just couldnt take it anymore. He dropped it off to make that chip disappear. We started by removing the hood and all of its parts. We then blocked out the chip. We then applied a few coats of high build primer to seal that area up. Once the primer was dry, we blocked that out yet again and sanded the rest of the hood for painting. Once in the booth Paul worked his magic making this hood look as good as new. Tomorrow we will put this all back together and off to its owner it will go.

Almost a wrap

DSCF9223Today we got a lot accomplished on the Escalade. The alignment and a new exhaust were installed and are complete now. It goes to clean up in the morning after that a couple of emblems and a couple of moldings and its ready for the customer.

On the mend

DSCF9209DSCF9210DSCF9213DSCF9212We put in some good time on the Hyundai this week. We got it back from the frame shop on Monday around noon and we spent the rest of the day prepping it for paint. This morning it was the first car in the booth and once the paint was dry, we started putting it all back together. We were able to get it pretty much all back together and we plan on sending it to clean up tomorrow so it will be ready to return to the owner tomorrow evening.

Bumper blues

DSCF9207DSCF9208DSCF9211This Hyundai is in to get a little scratch in the rear bumper repaired. Like almost of our bumper jobs, we remove the bumper to give the best quality repair. We sanded out the scratch and Paul put a couple of coats of primer on the damaged area to ensure that the spot is fully hidden once its painted. Tomorrow we will sand the primer and the rest of the bumper first thing in the morning in hopes of getting it painted and reinstalled later in the afternoon.

Back on the Ghia

DSCF9204DSCF9203DSCF9186DSCF9185After way too long, we were able to get back on the Ghia this week. No major accomplishments here but we did get some work done. There are several places that have to be cut out and new metal put back in because the metal is thin in some areas and has a few small pinholes. We were also planning on cutting the left rocker off to start fitting in the left heater channel and outer sheet metal but tubing we need to brace everything up didnt come in. We hope to get that in next week so we can start that up. We did get about 10 or so places welded up and a few little patches in and some made to keep things moving. We have been very blessed with lots of collision work over the past few months but unfortunately that takes our time away from these more fun projects. Our many thanks to the owner for her patients. We now have a full crew and you will be seeing more posts on this one in the weeks to come.

Ready to roll

DSCF9198DSCF9197This Silverado was in the shop to get a pretty big dent in the front door and rocker panel fixed. After a little massaging from JMC we were able to work the dent out and get it all painted up. Here you can see it all washed up and ready to go home

Looking better and better

DSCF9195DSCF9196We have been steadily working on this Escalade and we have gotten most of it back together. As with many jobs of this size, there are some things that get missed and yesterday we found one. The exhaust is bent up and will need to be replaced. but we do have it on order. We also have had the new wheels installed on the right side and also installed two new tires. We are waiting on a few clips and a headlight before we can put the bumper on so we have worked ourselves out of work on here for now.

%d bloggers like this: