Back in the saddle

DSCF9591DSCF9592DSCF9593DSCF9594DSCF9595DSCF9586DSCF9587DSCF9588DSCF9589DSCF9590Today was dedicated to the Ghia. We had some lose ends first thing this morning to tie up on another job that was picking up today, but after that, we were all in on the Ghia. We started by applying the Metal ready product to our welds to ensure great adhesion and a water tight seal. Its personal preference really, but we dont like putting body filler over areas that have been welded. We use Metal Ready for the initial fill, then body filler if needed to smooth the rest up. Thats what you will be seeing here. We did find an area on each door that needed a small patch. One picture show the bad cut out. Not sure why the car rusted here but they were both the same way. As you can see we did get one side cut out and even welded in but my camera died before I could get that picture, so you will see that on Monday. We also applied some body filler to finish straightening out the high and low spots on both doors and was able to get that blocked out and looking nice.  We did make great progress on these today and it should continue next week.

Advertisements

Posted on August 19, 2016, in 1971 Karmann Ghia, High Performance Finishes, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: