Monthly Archives: October 2016

Oh Deer,

dscf9717dscf9719This Spyder just came in today for us to get started on the repair process on his MR2. Instead of hitting a deer, a deer hit him and as you can see, it did quite a bit of damage. We have all parts on order and we look forward to get this little rare gem back on the road.

Advertisements

Still plugging along

dscf9710dscf9711dscf9707dscf9708dscf9709We have been putting in some time on the Ghia this week as well. We have the front signals filled in and all smoothed up. We also welded in a new piece at the right front corner of the hood. There was a hole there where the nose, fender and hood meet. We have decided that the lower front center section is just too thin to try to keep welding up. Last week a new piece was ordered for that, you can see it in the last picture. We will end up cutting some of that off and only use what we really have to. We will also be ordering up the early round style front turn signals to replace the large rectangle ones we removed. We also continued the body work and sanding over the rest of the car. This process seems to take for ever but its very important to be sure we get the body as straight as possible to ensure quality results.

Doors are done

dscf9700dscf9702dscf9703dscf9704dscf9686dscf9687dscf9688dscf9690dscf9691dscf9692dscf9693dscf9694dscf9695dscf9696dscf9697dscf9698Phew, what a day. Today we started priming the doors first thing this morning. The epoxy primer takes a while to dry so we wanted to get it on as soon as possible so we could get the urethane primer on it before we left. This now brings us to the point where the hood, deck lid, and doors are all ready for paint. Next for these panels they will be blocked sanded and prepped for paint. While Paul was spraying the doors, Cole and I got back to work on the body. I am very pleased with the quarters and rear body panel. The back half of the car is pretty much done. Maybe a little work here or there but for the most part they are done. We also worked on the jambs and left fender some more. We did make great progress on the fender but its not quite ready just yet. Stay tuned.

And the beat goes on

dscf9673dscf9675dscf9676dscf9677dscf9678dscf9671Work continues on the Ghia. Today we all spent some time massaging the body and doors. The quarters are getting close to being ready for primer. Paul worked on the doors. He went over them making sure the body work was complete then started sanding the jambs to prep them for primer. Cole worked some magic on the right fender and the right door jamb.

%d bloggers like this: