Monthly Archives: November 2016
So here are the finishing touches on the Mazda. Friday the new radiator and condenser came in. We built the new support and installed it. We then topped off the coolant and recharged the A/C. Paul painted the the hood and bumper while Cole and I turned the wrenches. Today we assembled the body panels and took it out for a test drive. Everything checked out so tomorrow it will get cleaned up before heading home.
This little Mazda is in the shop to get a little bump up repaired that happened on Halloween. A new hood, bumper, grill and radiator support is on tap for this one. We did find a bit of damage to the radiator and condenser as well, so these are being supplemented to the insurance company. Once we get that squared away, we will start putting it back together and get it in the booth to make it shiny again.
Yes again. You remember this Mustang don’t you? We painted it a couple of years ago for the owner and over time it has been attacked 3 times by deer. So, thats what we have here. It had been hit twice on the right side and now they are after the left. We were able to repair this fender and quarter with the exception of the side scoop, thats on order. We removed the wheel and fender liner to allow access to the damage. We then used a hammer and dolly to flatten out the damage and prepped it for filler. Once the body work was in ship shape it was primed. This morning, this one was first on the list. We blocked out the primer and prepped the panels for paint. Once that was all done, Paul did his magic in the booth. As you can see, its like it never happened. We are still waiting on the scoop so as soon as that comes in, this Mustang will be ready for the road again.
Ready for final prime
The body work on the Ghia is pretty much complete. We have all of the body panels straight and ready for the the final prime. We will find a small area here or there while prepping the body for primer but for the most part, its ready. In these pictures show that we still have to sand everything down with 180 before priming. We did get a bit of that done today but not quite the whole car. We also still need to sand the jambs and the dash before priming. We do hope to have that done over the next couple of days. It is a relief though to know that the hard work has paid off and the body is straight and solid.