Monthly Archives: June 2017

FJ

DSCF0180DSCF0184DSCF0183DSCF0182DSCF0181Back in the mix is the FJ 55. We have been a little slow over the past few months on our restoration work since Paul was out with a shoulder surgery but now we are back full force. Paul is back and we have also hired an old friend, Jordan. He picked right up where we stopped.  The tail gate had had a few places welded up but not quite finished up. Jordan jumped right in and got to work. The tail gate is now ready for primer as well as the left rear door. He also spent some time cleaning up the drip rails and blocked out the rest of primer on the rest of the vehicle. Next week we will get these final repair spots in primer then start prepping the jambs for paint.

Advertisements

Yo Holmes, to Bel-Air

DSCF0124DSCF0125DSCF0126DSCF0123DSCF0148DSCF0155DSCF0194DSCF0189DSCF0193DSCF0196DSCF0186DSCF0198DSCF0199DSCF0201DSCF0207DSCF0206DSCF0205DSCF0209DSCF0210DSCF0212DSCF0208DSCF0124DSCF0125DSCF0126DSCF0123DSCF0155DSCF0148DSCF0194DSCF0189DSCF0186DSCF0191DSCF0193DSCF0196DSCF0198DSCF0199DSCF0201DSCF0205DSCF0206DSCF0207DSCF0209DSCF0210DSCF0211DSCF0212DSCF0208Here we have a beautiful 1957 Chevy Bel-Air in the shop to get a new lease on life. We started by disassembling the front end and sending all of the parts out for stripping. Once back from the blasters, Jordan got to work sanding all of the parts prepping them for primer. Since this is an extremely important step, extra time was taken to be sure the metal was as clean as possible. Today we hung up all the parts and prepped them for PPG’s DP epoxy primer and applied 2 good coats. Next step will be to perform any metal work that needs to be done and start straightening the panels. The inner panels and fresh air vents will be prepped for paint since they wont really need any body work. Stay tuned.

What a Challenge

DSCF0157DSCF0158DSCF0159DSCF0160The new paint job on this 1971 Challenger is all wrapped up and ready to go. We had only a few minor places to repair on this one before spraying a nice base coat clear coat to bring it back to life. Once the paint had a few days to cure, the factory stripes were installed and really make all the difference in the world. It looks like a different car. The green paint with the green side stripes were at first a little questionable but now that they are on, Wow! What a difference. I really like the look of the color combination. Once the black vinyl top is on and a few bits of chrome here and there, this will be one sharp car.  The owner will be bringing it back for some grand finale pictures when its all done.

Getting closer

DSCF0162DSCF0163DSCF0164DSCF0165DSCF0166DSCF0161We have been steadily working along on the Ghia this week. Several thing have been checked off the list. Rear package tray, radio, windshield and glove box and door are in and operational. We have also been prepping the bumper brackets and painting them but I dont have any pictures of them. Next on the check list are the bumpers and deck lid, then the hood. Once that is done, the carpet and seats. We will then put a few miles on the car to make sure its all working properly.

Green Machine

DSCF0145DSCF0140DSCF0141This 1970 Challenger is in the shop to get a fresh paint job. The owner has done all of the work himself and might I add, he has done a fabulous job. We really didn’t have to do too much to this one before painting. Now that it’s painted, next is to remove the masking and get it over to AutoTrim design to install the factory style decals. That happens on Wednesday. The owner will then send it to the upholstery shop to get the vinyl roof installed. Once that gets done, the owner will finish putting it all back together. He will then bring it back for finished pictures. He is recreating the first car he and his wife bought together. We like doing cars that have a meaning and ones that have fill a purpose. This one fits that role just fine. 

Clear as glass

DSCF0144DSCF0142DSCF0143We’ve been here. I know its been a while since my last post, we have been busy. Paul, my painter has been out with shoulder surgery and its just been Cole and I for the past 7 weeks or so. Its been crazy. Things are settling down some and we have been working on the Ghia recently so here is an update on it. The door glass, rubber, quarter glass and all rubber parts pertaining to them are in. All of these parts are original to the car, we just polished them up and detailed them so they would look as good as possible. The door sound so tight now when you close them. Its really nice. We also have running and driving car now. Although its not road worthy just yet. Its close. Plans for this week are to have the bumpers on, windshield in and get a couple of nick knack stuff painted. Its really coming together now.

%d bloggers like this: