Daily Archives: July 28, 2017

Dashing

DSCF0301DSCF0302DSCF0303DSCF0311DSCF0312DSCF0261DSCF0262DSCF0263DSCF0267DSCF0268DSCF0269DSCF0282DSCF0283DSCF0284DSCF0285DSCF0286DSCF0287DSCF0288DSCF0289DSCF0290DSCF0291We have been plugging right along on the ’57 in between the FJ and the collision work this week. Paul painted a whole slew of brackets and the radiator support. Jordan was busy disassembling the dash, tagging and bagging all of the parts that go behind it. For an old car, this thing is really pretty complicated. Lots of time was taken to make sure nothing gets broken, bent or lost. I believe that we have done a pretty decent job with that but it does take extra time. Hopefully all the documentation will make it somewhat easier when it comes time to put it all back together. There are cables, brackets, wires, levers, pulleys and all sorts of other things behind that dash. I did some finishing work on the fenders that Jordan started on last week. Those should be ready for the first round of primer next week.

Advertisements

Its a block party

DSCF0264DSCF0265DSCF0266DSCF0304DSCF0305This week we started blocking out the doors on the FJ. While working on one of the doors we found a previous rust repair that was in need of attention so we are in the process of getting that fixed up. In the mean time, Paul and Cole dedicated some time to getting the body a little closer to priming. We pulled the old seam sealer out of the drip rails where it had gotten bad over the years and was letting water seep down to the metal. We will treat all those areas and apply new seam sealer before priming. Its doesnt really improve the looks of the job, but it will hopefully extend the life of the drip rails. Thats what Cole is doing in the picture with drill. A wire brush on a drill works really well at that when good old fashioned elbow grease is used. So, finding these things did set us back from priming today but hopefully next week will go smoother.

%d bloggers like this: