Daily Archives: August 25, 2017

’57 Chevy block party

DSCF0398DSCF0399DSCF0401DSCF0400DSCF0397DSCF0396DSCF0405DSCF0406DSCF0407DSCF0408DSCF0409DSCF0410DSCF0421DSCF0420DSCF0419DSCF0418DSCF0417DSCF0416DSCF0404DSCF0403DSCF0402DSCF0424DSCF0425DSCF0426The progress is coming along. Here you can see we have the hood, doors and trunk ready for epoxy primer and filler. First thing we did after sanding them all down inside and out, was get a couple of coats of epoxy primer on these parts. All parts were sanded inside and once that was dry, we started doing the body work. We did find that this car has had a bump up or two. The door on the right side has a pretty good size dent in it as well as a rust repair where a patch panel was installed. It would be neat to hear the stories this car could tell. Next week the body work will continue and hopefully we can get these parts in primer.

Seeing more color

DSCF0423DSCF0422DSCF0427DSCF0430DSCF0428DSCF0388DSCF0387 The FJ project is still moving along. Here you can see a little more color was sprayed this week. We are still prepping some places on the body and hope to have it painted on Tuesday. Things are looking pretty nice even though we cant fully disassemble the body because of the rarity of parts. Anytime we have a roof to paint, and especially if its one this big, we like to paint them by themselves. It just makes it nicer to be able to just concentrate on making the roof nice, then be able to focus later on painting the body. One of the doors is at Kellys, (our metal fabricator) to get some rust repaired that was in the bottom of the door. We should have that back the first of the week so we can get the body work fixed on it and have it ready to paint with the other door. Next week will be exciting to finally get color on here.

Introducing our newest project

DSCF0391DSCF0390DSCF0389DSCF0435DSCF0436DSCF0437DSCF0438DSCF0393 Our newest project is the this 1970 Beetle. It is a special build because this was the owners very first car, bought new when he turned 16. Although it hasnt been in any major accidents, rust has gotten hold of this little bug in a few spots. We will be repairing the rusty areas and freshening up the outside and inside with new paint, bright work, interior and suspension. The engine had a recent check up and got a good bill of health. As you can see we got right to work disassembling the car. We did get quite a bit apart on it and the rest will be apart next week.  We will then start the rust repair and stripping off the old paint. This will be a bone stock restoration back to the factory color. Stay tuned to see the progress.

%d bloggers like this: