Monthly Archives: February 2018

Doing the trim

DSCF0896DSCF0897DSCF0898DSCF0901DSCF0891DSCF0890We have been prepping these parts for the past few days. We started by blocking them then going back over them with a soft pad on a DA. We then sanded the nooks and crannies to make sure out pant sticks in all the right places. Today was a pretty good for progress. We were able to get the insides of the hood and fenders painted and they turned out great! Tomorrow we will flip these parts over sand over the outside again to smooth them up one final time and lay down some slick paint on them.

Advertisements

Its a block party

DSCF0902DSCF0903DSCF0906DSCF0905We have been putting some time in on the bug this week. It was primed a couple of weeks ago, so now is the perfect time to block it out and start sanding the final sanding. While doing so we did find a few places that needed a little more love. Cole jumped on those and fixed them up yesterday and was able to reprime them today. Since we had some warm weather we were working on it outside today.  We still have a bit to sand, but today was a good day. Another day like today on this little car and it will be ready for paint.

New job in the shop

DSCF0868DSCF0869DSCF0870DSCF0886DSCF0887DSCF0879DSCF0882DSCF0883DSCF0881Here are a few parts that were dropped off last week for a 1971 C10. We will be performing a full High Performance Finish on this truck. There will be several custom touches done on this one. The molding holes and side marker lights have all ready been welded up so we don’t have to worry with that. We did use our stud gun to weld studs to the low places so we can pull them back into shape to minimize the amount of filler needed to straighten out the dents. We also used a hammer and dolly to smooth out the dents as well. The next step will be to sand the bed inside and out and spray several coats of our high build epoxy primer. Stay tuned to this one. It should really stand tall.

Back on the Bug

DSCF0828DSCF0817DSCF0817DSCF0819DSCF0818DSCF0821DSCF0820DSCF0824DSCF0825DSCF0828DSCF0829DSCF0826DSCF0827DSCF0863DSCF0864DSCF0865DSCF0867DSCF0871DSCF0876DSCF0877DSCF0873DSCF0874DSCF0875Lots of work getting done on the Beetle last. All the body work is complete on the body. Cole and Jordan Jumped on this thing and really moved quickly straightening out the body. They started by blocking out the high build primer that was sprayed a while back. This showed them where the low and high spots are and also straightens out the minor imperfections and makes the panels flat and straight. Once the body panes were straight, the entire body needed to be sanded in preparation of the final urethane primer. 3 coats of that was sprayed and it too will be blocked out before paint.

Time for some color

DSCF0823DSCF0822DSCF0833DSCF0832DSCF0831DSCF0830DSCF0839DSCF0837DSCF0836DSCF0834DSCF0843DSCF0841DSCF0840DSCF0847DSCF0846DSCF0844DSCF0845 Last week we pulled out a few parts for the ’57 Bel-Air and prepped them for paint. Paul blocked out the trunk and the doors to ensure they were straight and smooth. We then sanded these parts all on the inside for trim out. Once the were all sanded up, we cleaned them meticulously to ensure a clean paint job. We then sprayed a coat of urethane sealer on the parts to provide uniform color and increase adhesion of the base color coats. 3 coats of Tropical Turquoise was then sprayed once the sealer was dry followed by 3 coats of high solids PPG clear coat. These parts really turned out nice. Its a great sneak peak of what the car will look like. The finished product is going to be very impressive.

%d bloggers like this: