Category Archives: beetle

DSCF9055DSCF9056DSCF9057DSCF9058Here we have the almost finished up ’79 Beetle. We still have to give it a good cleaning and wipe down the inside. Believe it or not, but its sort of dusty around here. We also still have to get the factory sport wheels mounted. Other than that, its pretty much ready to roll.

Advertisements

Bug gets primer

DSCF8923DSCF8924DSCF8926DSCF8921DSCF8922DSCF8925DSCF8927DSCF8928Today we sprayed a few coats of primer on the ’79 Beetle. Everything went very smoothly except for that left rear fender. While we were prepping it for primer, we noticed a small split or crack in the paint. When I tried to sand it out, the paint just kept flaking. After about an inch or so of sanding I decided to use a blower on it to see if it would peel. Sure enough, the paint  started flying off in sheets. We were able to blow most of it off but some did stick. The paint that was left was shaved off with a razor blade scraper. You can see the results there on the floor in picture 5. No worries though, we were still able to get that fender in primer as well today. Next week we should be able to start blocking this primer out and prepping the car for paint.

Ready for primer

DSCF8918DSCF8917After a couple of good hard days repairing the body we are finally ready for primer. Tomorrow morning we will mask off the areas that wont be primed then it will go into the booth and get a few coats of PPG’s urethane primer.

Buggin out

DSCF8908DSCF8916DSCF8910DSCF8911DSCF8915DSCF8914Today was a good day for the ’79 Bug. This nice little convertible was hit by a deer on the left side and unfortunately it did a fair amount of damage. We will be able to repair everything with no problem. As you can see we made great progress today. The owner decided to go ahead and paint the rest of the car while we had it here so thats why you see that we repaired dents on the right side too. We were almost able to get all the body work done and should be able to finish up the repairs in the morning. We will then spend the rest of tomorrow getting it ready for primer. Not sure we will get that far but at least it will be primed early Friday morning.

Been a while….

DSCF8878DSCF8900DSCF8901DSCF8903DSCF8879DSCF8886DSCF8887DSCF8891DSCF8875Ok, Ok, Yes  I know, its been a while since I have posted, but I have a few good excuses. First of all we have been totally SLAMMED here since Christmas and we have also been making a few hardware and software changes in the office to help the business run a bit smoother. This has been taking up my website time and since this is a convenience, not a necessity, it had to be what suffered.

Above are just a few pictures of the 20 or so cars we have done in the past 4 weeks. I will be updating the site a bit more frequently now. Thank you for your patience and your business. Happy New Year!!

Buggin

DSCF8411 DSCF8420 DSCF8409 DSCF8416 DSCF8413 DSCF8415Today we switched gears and went back to the ’67 bug. A few weeks ago, we worked on this one getting the body off and cutting out the old luggage area and the rusty rear bumper mount. We ordered the parts needed to fix this then moved it over to get going on the Ghia project. Now, we are back on this one for a few weeks to keep both jobs moving forward. We took the afternoon to fit the luggage tray and once we were happy with the fit, we welded it in. In the last two pics, you can see Chris and I took it for a test drive.

%d bloggers like this: