Category Archives: bug
Today was a good day for the ’79 Bug. This nice little convertible was hit by a deer on the left side and unfortunately it did a fair amount of damage. We will be able to repair everything with no problem. As you can see we made great progress today. The owner decided to go ahead and paint the rest of the car while we had it here so thats why you see that we repaired dents on the right side too. We were almost able to get all the body work done and should be able to finish up the repairs in the morning. We will then spend the rest of tomorrow getting it ready for primer. Not sure we will get that far but at least it will be primed early Friday morning.
Posted in beetle, bug, Collision Repair
Tags: auto body repair, auto body shop, auto paint, automotive paint shop, Body Filler, body repair, body repair shop, body shop, body work, Burlington NC, collision repair, High Performance Finish, Jmc Autoworx, Metal Work, Paint and body shop, paint shop, PPG Paint, Prime, primer
Been a while….
Ok, Ok, Yes I know, its been a while since I have posted, but I have a few good excuses. First of all we have been totally SLAMMED here since Christmas and we have also been making a few hardware and software changes in the office to help the business run a bit smoother. This has been taking up my website time and since this is a convenience, not a necessity, it had to be what suffered.
Above are just a few pictures of the 20 or so cars we have done in the past 4 weeks. I will be updating the site a bit more frequently now. Thank you for your patience and your business. Happy New Year!!
Posted in beetle, bug, Collision Repair, Uncategorized
Tags: Arrival, auto body repair, auto body shop, auto paint, Base Coat, Body Filler, body shop, body work, Burlington NC, Clear Coat, Complete, flat black wheels, Jmc Autoworx, Metal Work, Paint, paint shop, PPG Paint, Prime, Reassembly
Today was busy day on the bug. Chris broke out the air hammer first thing this morning and started cutting out the old floor pans on the ’67 Bug. Once they were removed, the area where the new ones will be installed was prepped by grinding the surface smooth. After that, holes were punched into the pans for welding, Chris checked for fitment then welded them in. While he was doing that, I was cutting out the old rusty metal on the bottom of the heater channel and prepping the new pieces to go in. We did get all these projects completed today, the right side will not be quite as bad, so it should be able to get that done tomorrow. If that happens, then the body will go back on the pan next week so we can start the painting process.
Today we switched gears and went back to the ’67 bug. A few weeks ago, we worked on this one getting the body off and cutting out the old luggage area and the rusty rear bumper mount. We ordered the parts needed to fix this then moved it over to get going on the Ghia project. Now, we are back on this one for a few weeks to keep both jobs moving forward. We took the afternoon to fit the luggage tray and once we were happy with the fit, we welded it in. In the last two pics, you can see Chris and I took it for a test drive.
Posted in 1967 Beetle, beetle, bug, High Performance Finishes
Tags: 1967 Bettle, auto body repair, auto body shop, auto paint, Body Filler, body shop, body work, Burlington NC, collision repair, Custom paint, High Performance Finish, Jmc Autoworx, Metal Work, paint shop, PPG Paint, rust repair, Volkswagen