Category Archives: Karmann Ghia
Today we installed the upper dash pad that we rejuvenated this week and the new lower one. The freshly painted defrost vents look really nice against the dash pad. We also had to black out the area around the vents to give a more finished and cleaner look. The hands free microphone looks right at home beside the gas gauge. We also buttoned up a couple things with the wiring and installed the new throw out bearing. We have a quite a few parts on order that should get us really close to finishing this project up. We can’t install the engine until these parts come in, but I did get notification that they have been shipped and are on the way. Im looking forward to getting the engine back in and bringing this Ghia back to life.
As you can see, we have been able to devote some time to the Ghia this week. All of the sound deadener is in and the steering column was painted and installed. We also painted and installed the e-brake handle and cleaned up the heater controls. The stock gauges were polished up and installed and awaiting the rest of the harness. We have a ton of parts on order, they should be here next week. Once we have those, this will start shaping up pretty quickly.
This is the Ghia that had was nailed by the run away golf cart. As you can see the paint and body work came out really nice. We do have this one all back together now and its ready to head home.
Back on the Ghia
After way too long, we were able to get back on the Ghia this week. No major accomplishments here but we did get some work done. There are several places that have to be cut out and new metal put back in because the metal is thin in some areas and has a few small pinholes. We were also planning on cutting the left rocker off to start fitting in the left heater channel and outer sheet metal but tubing we need to brace everything up didnt come in. We hope to get that in next week so we can start that up. We did get about 10 or so places welded up and a few little patches in and some made to keep things moving. We have been very blessed with lots of collision work over the past few months but unfortunately that takes our time away from these more fun projects. Our many thanks to the owner for her patients. We now have a full crew and you will be seeing more posts on this one in the weeks to come.
Here we go
The Ghia has officially left its pan. We still have some bracing to do on here to keep the gaps from moving and to make sure its secure on the lift. Once that is done we will start the rust repair process. We also will be degreasing the pan just so everything is clean and neat when it all goes back together.