Category Archives: Uncategorized
The progress is coming along. Here you can see we have the hood, doors and trunk ready for epoxy primer and filler. First thing we did after sanding them all down inside and out, was get a couple of coats of epoxy primer on these parts. All parts were sanded inside and once that was dry, we started doing the body work. We did find that this car has had a bump up or two. The door on the right side has a pretty good size dent in it as well as a rust repair where a patch panel was installed. It would be neat to hear the stories this car could tell. Next week the body work will continue and hopefully we can get these parts in primer.
The FJ project is still moving along. Here you can see a little more color was sprayed this week. We are still prepping some places on the body and hope to have it painted on Tuesday. Things are looking pretty nice even though we cant fully disassemble the body because of the rarity of parts. Anytime we have a roof to paint, and especially if its one this big, we like to paint them by themselves. It just makes it nicer to be able to just concentrate on making the roof nice, then be able to focus later on painting the body. One of the doors is at Kellys, (our metal fabricator) to get some rust repaired that was in the bottom of the door. We should have that back the first of the week so we can get the body work fixed on it and have it ready to paint with the other door. Next week will be exciting to finally get color on here.
We have been steadily plugging along on the FJ over the past couple of weeks and here is where we stand on it. The rain gutters have been stripped and cleaned out. A nice coat of epoxy was applied to the gutters followed by a flowable seam sealer. They really look nice and smooth now. Jordan also worked pretty diligently on sanding the nooks and crannies. It seemed like every time it was ready for primer another spot was found that needed attention. Cole prepped the under side and the top side of the hood today and with a little luck, we may start spraying some parts next week. We do have the body ready for primer now and It will go into the booth first thing Monday morning.
This week we started blocking out the doors on the FJ. While working on one of the doors we found a previous rust repair that was in need of attention so we are in the process of getting that fixed up. In the mean time, Paul and Cole dedicated some time to getting the body a little closer to priming. We pulled the old seam sealer out of the drip rails where it had gotten bad over the years and was letting water seep down to the metal. We will treat all those areas and apply new seam sealer before priming. Its doesnt really improve the looks of the job, but it will hopefully extend the life of the drip rails. Thats what Cole is doing in the picture with drill. A wire brush on a drill works really well at that when good old fashioned elbow grease is used. So, finding these things did set us back from priming today but hopefully next week will go smoother.
Here we have the finished product! After a good long while in the shop, this Ghia is headed home today. I know the owner is happy to have her car back. Im not sure what wheels are planned for this beauty, but I will post pictures of it when she gets them on.
Back in the mix is the FJ 55. We have been a little slow over the past few months on our restoration work since Paul was out with a shoulder surgery but now we are back full force. Paul is back and we have also hired an old friend, Jordan. He picked right up where we stopped. The tail gate had had a few places welded up but not quite finished up. Jordan jumped right in and got to work. The tail gate is now ready for primer as well as the left rear door. He also spent some time cleaning up the drip rails and blocked out the rest of primer on the rest of the vehicle. Next week we will get these final repair spots in primer then start prepping the jambs for paint.
The new paint job on this 1971 Challenger is all wrapped up and ready to go. We had only a few minor places to repair on this one before spraying a nice base coat clear coat to bring it back to life. Once the paint had a few days to cure, the factory stripes were installed and really make all the difference in the world. It looks like a different car. The green paint with the green side stripes were at first a little questionable but now that they are on, Wow! What a difference. I really like the look of the color combination. Once the black vinyl top is on and a few bits of chrome here and there, this will be one sharp car. The owner will be bringing it back for some grand finale pictures when its all done.
We have been steadily working along on the Ghia this week. Several thing have been checked off the list. Rear package tray, radio, windshield and glove box and door are in and operational. We have also been prepping the bumper brackets and painting them but I dont have any pictures of them. Next on the check list are the bumpers and deck lid, then the hood. Once that is done, the carpet and seats. We will then put a few miles on the car to make sure its all working properly.
This 1970 Challenger is in the shop to get a fresh paint job. The owner has done all of the work himself and might I add, he has done a fabulous job. We really didn’t have to do too much to this one before painting. Now that it’s painted, next is to remove the masking and get it over to AutoTrim design to install the factory style decals. That happens on Wednesday. The owner will then send it to the upholstery shop to get the vinyl roof installed. Once that gets done, the owner will finish putting it all back together. He will then bring it back for finished pictures. He is recreating the first car he and his wife bought together. We like doing cars that have a meaning and ones that have fill a purpose. This one fits that role just fine.