Blog Archives

Body work is complete

DSCF1054DSCF1053DSCF1052DSCF1051DSCF1050DSCF1049DSCF1048DSCF1047DSCF1046DSCF1055DSCF1056DSCF1057DSCF1058DSCF1061DSCF1060DSCF1059The body work on the ’57 is now complete! After a solid week of bodywork, blocking, sanding and priming, the body is now ready for its final sanding. If the finial blocking comes out nice, the body will be ready for paint. This will really only leave a few trim parts and some interior parts that need painting. The straightening of these panels actually went very smoothly. Jordan and Cole get all the credit for that hard work. These guys worked really hard getting the body nice. Paul, then took his turn masking it off and spraying a few coats of high solids primer on here, twice. Its a dirty job and hard work, but the rewards worth every bit of it.

Advertisements

Doing the trim

DSCF0896DSCF0897DSCF0898DSCF0901DSCF0891DSCF0890We have been prepping these parts for the past few days. We started by blocking them then going back over them with a soft pad on a DA. We then sanded the nooks and crannies to make sure out pant sticks in all the right places. Today was a pretty good for progress. We were able to get the insides of the hood and fenders painted and they turned out great! Tomorrow we will flip these parts over sand over the outside again to smooth them up one final time and lay down some slick paint on them.

Time for some color

DSCF0823DSCF0822DSCF0833DSCF0832DSCF0831DSCF0830DSCF0839DSCF0837DSCF0836DSCF0834DSCF0843DSCF0841DSCF0840DSCF0847DSCF0846DSCF0844DSCF0845 Last week we pulled out a few parts for the ’57 Bel-Air and prepped them for paint. Paul blocked out the trunk and the doors to ensure they were straight and smooth. We then sanded these parts all on the inside for trim out. Once the were all sanded up, we cleaned them meticulously to ensure a clean paint job. We then sprayed a coat of urethane sealer on the parts to provide uniform color and increase adhesion of the base color coats. 3 coats of Tropical Turquoise was then sprayed once the sealer was dry followed by 3 coats of high solids PPG clear coat. These parts really turned out nice. Its a great sneak peak of what the car will look like. The finished product is going to be very impressive.

One clean ’57

DSCF0734DSCF0735DSCF0739DSCF0741DSCF0744DSCF0745DSCF0748DSCF0749DSCF0750DSCF0752DSCF0753DSCF0778DSCF0779DSCF0780DSCF0781DSCF0782DSCF0783DSCF0784DSCF0785DSCF0786DSCF0787 Its been crazy around here the past few weeks. We have been very busy with deer hits and general accidents. We sent the ’57 over to the blasters a few weeks ago and got it back last week and we were very impressed with what we have. This is a very solid car. We immediately began sanding it in preparation for primer. We sanded every single square inch of this car to ensure good adhesion of the primer. We then dug out all of the old seam sealer in the car and slid it in the booth this afternoon. We then meticulously wiped the car down to be sure we had the metal as clean as possible. Before spraying we masked off the frame, floor, and rear inner fender wells. We applied 2 coats of PPG’s high build epoxy from their Vibrance line. Things are looking really good. Tomorrow the wheels go back on and it waits for its turn over at Kelly’s place to get the new right quarter installed.

%d bloggers like this: