Here you can see the front seats have been installed. They have been recovered with the factory type covers and all new padding. We still have to install the front door panels and front and back glass and the new back up lights that should arrive tomorrow. Pretty cool little bug, I know the owner will enjoy it.
This ’67 bug is back from the upholstery shop. We sent it out to get the headliner installed. Its back now so we started working on the carpet yesterday and today was able to install the rear seat back. We also installed the rear door panels and have the front ones built and ready to install. We will need to make a vapor barrier before we install them though. As you can see this one is shaping up to be a nice little car.
We have been working on the ’67 bug this week, putting the finishing touches on it before it goes out for a new headliner. We had new tires and wheels installed, all the electrical has been gone over and all is working. We had a snag with a faulty signal switch so that was replaced, a new antenna, mirror and turn signals round out a few of the new items. We hope to get the new headliner installed next week then we can install the carpet and seats then finally the glass. Wont be long before this bug is back on the road.
Today we spent a few hours getting the front of the bug back together. We started by running new lines from the resivoir to the master cylinder After that we bleed the brakes, installed the gas tank and front fenders. We then started straightening out some of the wiring. Since we didnt disassemble this car, we had to print out a wiring diagram to show us where things were supposed to go. Unfortunately we found that someone had been playing electrician in there before us so we just went ahead and straightened all of it up. We may continue with getting this back together some tomorrow if time allows.
The Beetle has still been moving along in the back ground. Last week the left B pillar was welded it because of rust, well yesterday and today, the right B pillar had its rust hole repaired. We also glued the rubbed down to the floor pans. We have to wait for a few parts to come in and get installed before we mate the body back to the pan, but that should happen this Friday.
The ’67 Beetle has been on the road to recovery this week. It received sound deadening material yesterday to ensure a quiet ride and 1 of 2 last minute rust repair procedures. The bottoms of the B-posts are rusted and it has very thin metal and holes on each side. Here you can see Chris welding in the patch panel on the left side. The right is just a little bit worse off that this side, but still plenty fixable. Once these are on, we will POR 15 the inner parts to prolong the metal thats inside there. This area will get body worked out next week as well as welding in the other side.