Blog Archives

FJ is complete

DSCF0696DSCF0698DSCF0697Here we have the stunning finished product. The FJ project really turned out nice. Its now ready for many more years of fun.

Advertisements

Bed lining the floor

DSCF0643DSCF0645DSCF0648DSCF0637DSCF0639DSCF0636DSCF0688DSCF0689DSCF0690DSCF0692DSCF0693DSCF0695 We were just about to wrap up the FJ with a spray in bedliner on the floors in the front seat and rear seating area when we came across a previous repair on the passenger side floor. Someone had used “Great Stuff” an expanding foam insulation to fill in a rather large hole in the passenger side floor board. Not an ideal repair but Im pretty sure it was an inexpensive one. Anyway, we couldnt leave the not so great stuff in there so we dug it all out and replaced it with metal. Once it was all welded in Jordan and Cole got to work prepping the rest of the floor for the bed liner.  We use a urethane product for things like this called Raptor liner. Its perfect for this application. It looks good, durable and water proof. We started with a coat of epoxy over the entire floor. Once dry, we applied 2 coats of the Raptor liner over the epoxy.  This will dry over night and we will spend the rest of the week putting the finishing touches on this project.

Closing in

DSCF0562DSCF0564DSCF0565DSCF0567DSCF0568DSCF0563DSCF0572DSCF0571DSCF0570DSCF0573DSCF0574DSCF0575DSCF0576DSCF0577DSCF0584DSCF0585DSCF0582DSCF0583DSCF0593DSCF0592DSCF0591DSCF0590DSCF0588DSCF0589DSCF0566This past Friday was another good progress day on the FJ, we were able to get the doors painted. We started off by masking off the freshly trimmed out backside then flipped them over and prepped the front. Paul started with coat of urethane sealer followed by 3 coats of the white. Once all that was dry, we carefully masked off the line for the red and papered up the white. Three coats of red was then sprayed on the lower parts of the doors. We then unmasked the white and applied the clear coat. While Paul was spraying the doors, Jordan and Cole built the rear bumper and installed it with all new hardware. This week we will get the doors back on the vehicle and continue the assembly process.

%d bloggers like this: