Today was a very productive day here at the shop. We took some time out this morning to get the bed and hood ready to paint and was able to start shooting them about lunch time. We started out with a full coat of urethane sealer followed by the lower charcoal color on the bed. Once that was dry, we masked it off and sprayed the top light blue color. These pictures really do not do the color justice. This color really looks good in person. It has so much more life and vibrance to it compared to the factory paint. Once the top color was dry, we sprayed two coats of PPG’s high solid clear coat. This provides the shine and protection of the base coat. Tomorrow we plan on wrapping up the body work on the cab and fenders, a final prime on those parts should wrap up the day tomorrow. We will then be ready to paint the cab in the same steps as today. The ultimate body transformation is progressing nicely.
Yesterday we prepped and sprayed the epoxy primer on the bed. Today we finished the bed with the application of the bed liner. We use Raptor brand spray in bed liner for is great looks and ease of application. This bed liner is perfect for light use. First thing this morning, the seams were filled in in the bed with SEM’s two part seam sealer. Once that was dry, Paul got to work spraying the Raptor liner. Paul then spent the rest of the day blocking out the cab, doors and fenders. Hopefully we will spray the bed first of the week next week. This project is now moving along nicely.
Over the past few days we have been prepping the bed for our bed liner system and doing some body work. Today we finished up the body work on the bed and primed it. Once it was dry, we set the bed up, masked it off and Paul sprayed PPG’s DP epoxy primer on the tail gate and bed. Tomorrow we have to seam seal the seams on the bed and once that is dry, we will apply the Raptor liner. Next week we will start spraying some color and clear.
Yesterday we epoxy primed the ’86 and today we sprayed the urethane primer. All of this truck is now in primer. Paul started sanding the bed, prepping for the bed liner yesterday and continued it today as well. Our next step will be to block the body, repair any dents we have missed, which I’m sure will be at least a few, then its ready for paint. The owner stopped by yesterday and was very pleased with the progress. It will only look better and better from here on out. Stay tuned.
Between yesterday and today, we have pretty much disassembled this ’86 Chevy truck. We will start the body work and sanding process later this week. Since the owner purchased this truck new, he really wanted to step up and make it nice again. With today’s paint technology, it will look fabulous once we get the body ready for paint.