Still plugging away on the C-10. Last week we finished up the body work on the cab and applied a couple more coats of PPG’s high build epoxy. Because the body work was so extensive we will definitely block that out and prime it again to be sure we didnt miss anything. Today we started prepping bottom of the cab for bedliner. As you can see it was blasted giving us a good starting point. You can see there are new patches in the floors in the top corners. Those areas were a little thin and the cab mounts needed to be shored up some as well. While Jordan sanded the bottom, Paul got a great start on straightening out the rockers. We still have a bit of sanding to do on the floor and more work on the rockers but over the next couple of days we should be able to get the bottom of the cab sprayed with epoxy followed by a couple coats of Raptor liner.
Yesterday we prepped and sprayed the epoxy primer on the bed. Today we finished the bed with the application of the bed liner. We use Raptor brand spray in bed liner for is great looks and ease of application. This bed liner is perfect for light use. First thing this morning, the seams were filled in in the bed with SEM’s two part seam sealer. Once that was dry, Paul got to work spraying the Raptor liner. Paul then spent the rest of the day blocking out the cab, doors and fenders. Hopefully we will spray the bed first of the week next week. This project is now moving along nicely.
Over the past few days we have been prepping the bed for our bed liner system and doing some body work. Today we finished up the body work on the bed and primed it. Once it was dry, we set the bed up, masked it off and Paul sprayed PPG’s DP epoxy primer on the tail gate and bed. Tomorrow we have to seam seal the seams on the bed and once that is dry, we will apply the Raptor liner. Next week we will start spraying some color and clear.
The owner of this Jeep CJ wanted a durable waterproof coating sprayed on the floor of his CJ. This is a perfect candidate for our Raptor spray in bedliner. First all of the interior was removed from the floor. Then the area was thoroughly sanded. We then cleaned the floor and masked off the areas that were not to get lined. An etching primer was sprayed over the bare metal spots for good adhesion. That was followed by two coats of the liner material. This is now a rugged, slip resistant, water proof coating that looks as good as it performs.
Great progress on the cab to the ’52 this week, The outside body is complete, as well as the left door jamb. Tomorrow we hope to get the right jamb and dash squared away. There has been a panel welded in the center of the dash that needs to finished off as well as a couple of holes that were welded up that are no longer needed. Once those are smooth this cab will get another coat of primer before beautiful red paint gets sprayed on it. This will definitely be a head turner!!
This Frontier was dropped off to get the bed fixed up. The bed had been used to carry various home improvement items and had a bit of wear and tear. This new sprayed in bed liner not only looks great but will protect the bed from future projects. It will also help keep the object from sliding all around back there as well. If you are looking to get a bed liner in your truck, give us a call.