Blog Archives

Raptor liner

DSCF1332DSCF1333DSCF1335DSCF1336DSCF1337DSCF1342DSCF1343DSCF1346DSCF1347DSCF1348DSCF1350DSCF1349DSCF1344DSCF1353DSCF1352DSCF1356DSCF1355DSCF1354DSCF1357After a few good days of prepping the floor and bottom of the cab we were finally able to spray it. The first couple of pictures show how not prepping panels properly turn out. The black peeling paint is actually POR 15. It was improperly applied so we removed it before applying our coatings over it. We started with a coat of PPG’s DPLV epoxy primer over the bare metal and properly prepared panels. We actually did that yesterday afternoon. This morning we came in applied SEM seam sealer to the seams and the weld areas where patches were installed. Once the seam sealer was dry, Jordan sprayed 2 coats of Raptor liner over the DP. This well provide a water proof barrier for the under side of this truck that will still look very nice. While we were at it, we also sprayed the inside of the bedsides that are exposed to the bottom of the truck. Up next, its time to start spraying some panels while we finish up the body work on the cab.

Advertisements

Tubs are painted

DSCF1142DSCF1143DSCF1144DSCF1145DSCF1146DSCF1147Last week the work continued with the C-10. Paul sprayed the engine compartment sides of the wheel houses and did a spray in bedliner on the wheel house side of them They really look nice. Paul also was able to get the epoxy high build primer on the doors and fenders last week. Jordan got to work blocking them today. He did have a couple of places appear on the right fender so he went ahead and fixed that while he was at it. These will continue to be blocked out tomorrow and hopefully these parts will soon be in their final urethane primer in a couple of days

Bed liner and hood primer

DSCF1001DSCF1002DSCF1004DSCF1005DSCF1003 Read the rest of this entry

Back in the game

DSCF0356DSCF0359DSCF0357DSCF0360This Tundra came in to get its paint freshened up a bit. It it several years old and had seen some off road time so the owner wanted to make it nice again. We disassembled right much of it and sanded it all down. We sprayed a few coats of the factory color and couple coats of clear to bring the Tundra back to life. Once everything was dry, we did a spray in bedliner and reassembled it. Here you can see it all complete and ready for pick up.

Tundra

DSCF0327DSCF0326DSCF0325DSCF0319DSCF0318DSCF0321DSCF0320DSCF0328DSCF0329DSCF0330DSCF0331DSCF0342DSCF0332This Tundra is in the shop to get fresh coat of paint. With all of the off roading stickers on here, Im going to assume that this rig has seen a few miles in the woods but now its time to straighten out a few of those dings and scratches and make this thing shine again. We started by removing the bed the handles the mirrors and various other parts from the truck. In trying not to get too out of hand on this one, we didnt completely disassemble the truck like we would for a higher end job, but the finished product will still look pretty good. We then repaired a few dents, installed a new left fender and started sanding the rest of the truck. Since we had the bed ready first, it went on into the booth for painting. We will also be doing a spray in bedliner on here next week. We painted the front of the truck today but didnt get an pictures of it in clear. You will have to wait to see that next week when its all wrapped up.

Raptor liner

DSCF8562 DSCF8561DSCF8566Yesterday we prepped and sprayed the epoxy primer on the bed. Today we finished the bed with the application of the bed liner. We use Raptor brand spray in bed liner for is great looks and ease of application. This bed liner is perfect for  light use.  First thing this morning, the seams were filled in in the bed with SEM’s two part seam sealer. Once that was dry, Paul got to work spraying the Raptor liner. Paul then spent the rest of the day blocking out the cab, doors and fenders. Hopefully we will spray the bed first of the week next week. This project is now moving along nicely.

Time for bed

DSCF8549 DSCF8550 DSCF8552 DSCF8553 DSCF8555 DSCF8548Over the past few days we have been prepping the bed for our bed liner system and doing some body work. Today we finished up the body work on the bed and primed it. Once it was dry, we set the bed up, masked it off and Paul sprayed PPG’s DP epoxy primer on the tail gate and bed. Tomorrow we have to seam seal the seams on the bed and once that is dry, we will apply the Raptor liner. Next week we will start spraying some color and clear.

DSCF7830 DSCF7826 DSCF7827 DSCF7828 DSCF7829Worked on the ’52 Ford truck today. We were able to get the slick sand all blocked out on the left door. Once that was done, it looked really nice. Chris fixed a couple of tiny spots that showed up, then passed it off to Paul for the FINAL primer. While they were working on that, was working on the inside of the right door. We straightened out the inside where patch panels were welded in and also fixed a few dents and rust pits. The inside of the right door was finished up today, but not in time to get primer on it. Next week we will block the slick sand thats on the outside of the door and prime both sides. Once this is complete we will prep the hood, both doors and the front valence for paint.

Alright STOP, liner time

IMG_4602 IMG_4616 IMG_4617 IMG_4618 IMG_4619 IMG_4620The ’52 Ford fenders spent a little more time in the booth today to get the bedliner sprayed today. We masked off the areas that we did not want to spray then Jordan went to work. After the bedliner was sprayed and dried, we sanded back over the fenders one more time to prep them up for epoxy and slick sand. This will happen Monday. We just ran out of time today.

%d bloggers like this: