Blog Archives

Have a seat

DSCF9297DSCF9298Here you can see the front seats have been installed. They have been recovered with the factory type covers and all new padding. We still have to install the front door panels and front and back glass and the new back up lights that should arrive tomorrow. Pretty cool little bug, I know the owner will enjoy it.

Advertisements

Bug gets primer

DSCF8923DSCF8924DSCF8926DSCF8921DSCF8922DSCF8925DSCF8927DSCF8928Today we sprayed a few coats of primer on the ’79 Beetle. Everything went very smoothly except for that left rear fender. While we were prepping it for primer, we noticed a small split or crack in the paint. When I tried to sand it out, the paint just kept flaking. After about an inch or so of sanding I decided to use a blower on it to see if it would peel. Sure enough, the paint  started flying off in sheets. We were able to blow most of it off but some did stick. The paint that was left was shaved off with a razor blade scraper. You can see the results there on the floor in picture 5. No worries though, we were still able to get that fender in primer as well today. Next week we should be able to start blocking this primer out and prepping the car for paint.

Bug reassembly

DSCF8769 DSCF8770Today we spent a few hours getting the front of the bug back together. We started by running new lines from the resivoir to the master cylinder After that we bleed the brakes, installed the gas tank and front fenders. We then started straightening out some of the wiring. Since we didnt disassemble this car, we had to print out a wiring diagram to show us where things were supposed to go. Unfortunately we found that someone had been playing electrician in there before us so we just went ahead and straightened all of it up. We may continue with getting this back together some tomorrow if time allows.

%d bloggers like this: