This new Silverado came into the shop to get a battle scar repaired. A bicycle handle bar got a little too close and put a good scratch in both doors. We repaired the scratch last Friday and slid it into the booth today for paint. As you can see it turned out really nice. Tomorrow we will put it all back together and replace the emblem on the door. It should be ready tomorrow evening.
Today was paint day for the Silverado. While we were disassembling the Hyundai, this truck was getting blocked out and wet sanded in preparation for its turn in the booth. As you can see the paint job turned out very nice. Tomorrow we still have to paint the inner part of the door and the rocker panel. We should have this done pretty early leaving plenty of time to reassemble this truck. We may even have time to send it over to clean up. It should be heading home by Wednesday
Yesterday we prepped and sprayed the epoxy primer on the bed. Today we finished the bed with the application of the bed liner. We use Raptor brand spray in bed liner for is great looks and ease of application. This bed liner is perfect for light use. First thing this morning, the seams were filled in in the bed with SEM’s two part seam sealer. Once that was dry, Paul got to work spraying the Raptor liner. Paul then spent the rest of the day blocking out the cab, doors and fenders. Hopefully we will spray the bed first of the week next week. This project is now moving along nicely.
Over the past few days we have been prepping the bed for our bed liner system and doing some body work. Today we finished up the body work on the bed and primed it. Once it was dry, we set the bed up, masked it off and Paul sprayed PPG’s DP epoxy primer on the tail gate and bed. Tomorrow we have to seam seal the seams on the bed and once that is dry, we will apply the Raptor liner. Next week we will start spraying some color and clear.
Yesterday we epoxy primed the ’86 and today we sprayed the urethane primer. All of this truck is now in primer. Paul started sanding the bed, prepping for the bed liner yesterday and continued it today as well. Our next step will be to block the body, repair any dents we have missed, which I’m sure will be at least a few, then its ready for paint. The owner stopped by yesterday and was very pleased with the progress. It will only look better and better from here on out. Stay tuned.