Blog Archives

Body moving, body moving

dscf9646dscf9648dscf9660dscf9647dscf9661dscf9649dscf9650dscf9651Not sure why I had the Beastie Boys on my mind when writing this post, but it does fit. We have been doing lots of body work on the Ghia. We came in and worked last weekend on it and several hours this week as well. We did cut out a previously repaired patch that I just wasnt happy with. We replaced it with a single larger one and the job is much nicer for it. We also have the lower right rear sheet metal in place. The silver filler material is a product called All Metal. Its great to use over welded patches because of its water proofing abilities. We use this over welds for starters then finish up with filler to do the fine tuning. The body work is coming along and the only welding left on the car now is a few places on the lower front. We hope to get moving on those tomorrow.

Advertisements

Ghia time

dscf9646dscf9647Here we have an update on the Ghia. Although its not progressing as much as I’d like it is moving. I have brought in a guy to help out with some welding since our collision business has been so heavy this past bit. We do have quite a bit of welding wrapped up and we have also been doing some body work. Here you can see the work on the quarters. The area on the left is where that huge patch of rust was cut out. We are now welding up the front end and a small patch is still left in the left quarter. We plan on spending a few hours on it this weekend to play a little catch up.

Shine on

dscf9642dscf9641dscf9640dscf9639dscf9645dscf9644dscf9643Here are the pictures of the Porsche with the clear coat. Next week we will get this one back together and back to the customer.

Porsche gets a fresh coat

dscf9622dscf9621dscf9626dscf9628dscf9629dscf9632dscf9633dscf9634dscf9635dscf9636dscf9637dscf9638dscf9624dscf9625This Porsche was dropped off a couple of weeks ago to get a new paint job. The body was in great shape so there wasnt much work to do it. We did have to repair about a million rock chips that were on the front end but thats about it. We then sanded the rest of the car to prep it for paint. After a good sanding and a good bath we started masking off the areas that we didnt want to paint. Today we put it into the booth and started prepping it for paint. Once the body was nice and clean Paul started painting.  A coat of urethane sealer was sprayed first. Once that was dry, 3-4 coats of color was sprayed. Once that is dry we will spray the clear. We painted the hood yesterday and do have a couple of pictures of that for your viewing pleasure. We will post pictures of the body with clear tomorrow. Stay tuned.

Oh no!

dscf9612Watch out for those run away buggies at the grocery story. The owner of this brand NEW Camaro came out of the store to find quite a bit of damage on his Camaro from a shopping cart. As you can see we have removed all necessary parts to ensure a quality job and repaired the damage. Tomorrow we will get this one prepped and in the booth for a new coat of yellow.

All shined up

dscf9616dscf9615This is the results of the Freshen up post from yesterday. The paint job turned out very nice. Now with a base coat clear coat finish, the owner will not have that dry, chalky, dull paint anymore. We even did a headlight restoration on this one to make it safer at night and help with the appearance. We did get most of this one put back together today and should finish up the reassembly tomorrow.

Looking like new

dscf9613dscf9614Here we have the Soul all painted up and ready for assembly. It really turned out nice. We did notice though a small part damaged from the accident that was missed. The rear reinforcement bar has a broken tab on it. The new one is on order and should arrive Friday morning. We have the bumper built and ready to go back on as soon as that part arrives. The owner should be back in her car just in time for the weekend.

Freshen up

dscf9610dscf9609This Camry is in the shop to get a freshened up paint job. The finish on the white cars sometimes dies and looses its luster. Well, we are here to bring it back to life. We started by removing the door handles, mirrors and bumpers. We painted the bumpers yesterday and the body today. We did get the clear coat applied today but you will have to wait until tomorrow to see the results. We also hope to get the bumpers back together and back on tomorrow. With a little luck the owner will be back in her newly painted Camry by the weekend.

bumper bumping

dscf9607dscf9608dscf9611So, this Kia is in the shop to get a small bump up repaired. We will be replacing the center of the rear bumper and repairing the left corner part and the lower part of the hatch. As you can see here, Cole has removed the rear bumper and started the repair on the hatch. The bent part of the hatch was hammered back out to its original shape then filler was applied to straighten out the outside of the hatch.  The bumper corner has also been sanded and ready for primer. We expect the parts to be in tomorrow. The hatch and bumper end was primed before we left today and we plan on getting it painted tomorrow as well.

The Doors

DSCF9606DSCF9602DSCF9604DSCF9605We have been working on the Ghia this week and are making some headway. The doors are pretty much done. We got the new  metal lip for the window scrapers replaced. The original lip was almost totally rusted away. All of the body work is complete on the doors. The only thing left to do is to sand the inside jambs before they get the final priming. We have also been working on wrapping up the welding. The big rust patch on the quarter was taken care of on Friday and will just need a tad more attention before we start straightening it. Meanwhile on the right side, the dents in the right fender are underway and the door jamb work on the right side is coming along as well. Next on the list is to get the doors in primer and keep plugging along on the body work.

%d bloggers like this: