We’ve been here. I know its been a while since my last post, we have been busy. Paul, my painter has been out with shoulder surgery and its just been Cole and I for the past 7 weeks or so. Its been crazy. Things are settling down some and we have been working on the Ghia recently so here is an update on it. The door glass, rubber, quarter glass and all rubber parts pertaining to them are in. All of these parts are original to the car, we just polished them up and detailed them so they would look as good as possible. The door sound so tight now when you close them. Its really nice. We also have running and driving car now. Although its not road worthy just yet. Its close. Plans for this week are to have the bumpers on, windshield in and get a couple of nick knack stuff painted. Its really coming together now.
This Honda Ridgeline hit a deer a couple of weeks ago. It really must have been a good sized one too. It really did quite a bit of damage. We replaced the fender, bumper headlight and grill. It did quite a bit of damage under the hood as well. A new air box, new apron, and a few brackets were all called for as well. As you can see the finished job turned out pretty nice.
This Ford Escape came in to get a new front end which was damaged from a deer collision. As you can see, this has the new shutter system that they are putting on the newer model cars. There were also tons of little brackets and braces that was also damaged that go on the bumper that we replaced. After a few days of finding parts that we either didnt know existed or didnt know were broken, we were finally able to get it buttoned up today. Tomorrow it will go for clean up and the customer will be back in her car tomorrow afternoon.
This little Mazda is in the shop to get a little bump up repaired that happened on Halloween. A new hood, bumper, grill and radiator support is on tap for this one. We did find a bit of damage to the radiator and condenser as well, so these are being supplemented to the insurance company. Once we get that squared away, we will start putting it back together and get it in the booth to make it shiny again.
Yes again. You remember this Mustang don’t you? We painted it a couple of years ago for the owner and over time it has been attacked 3 times by deer. So, thats what we have here. It had been hit twice on the right side and now they are after the left. We were able to repair this fender and quarter with the exception of the side scoop, thats on order. We removed the wheel and fender liner to allow access to the damage. We then used a hammer and dolly to flatten out the damage and prepped it for filler. Once the body work was in ship shape it was primed. This morning, this one was first on the list. We blocked out the primer and prepped the panels for paint. Once that was all done, Paul did his magic in the booth. As you can see, its like it never happened. We are still waiting on the scoop so as soon as that comes in, this Mustang will be ready for the road again.
Phew, what a day. Today we started priming the doors first thing this morning. The epoxy primer takes a while to dry so we wanted to get it on as soon as possible so we could get the urethane primer on it before we left. This now brings us to the point where the hood, deck lid, and doors are all ready for paint. Next for these panels they will be blocked sanded and prepped for paint. While Paul was spraying the doors, Cole and I got back to work on the body. I am very pleased with the quarters and rear body panel. The back half of the car is pretty much done. Maybe a little work here or there but for the most part they are done. We also worked on the jambs and left fender some more. We did make great progress on the fender but its not quite ready just yet. Stay tuned.
Work continues on the Ghia. Today we all spent some time massaging the body and doors. The quarters are getting close to being ready for primer. Paul worked on the doors. He went over them making sure the body work was complete then started sanding the jambs to prep them for primer. Cole worked some magic on the right fender and the right door jamb.
Here you can see we have the Mazda all ready for paint. We finished up the body work today and primed it. After blocking out the primer and prepping the rest of the panels for paint we washed it and have it in the booth for tomorrow, paint day.
We have made great progress on the Prius today. It was painted this morning. After allowing sufficient drying time, we started the assembly process. The left rear door is built back as well as some of the interior. Did come across a few little specialty clips and screws that were ripped out in the accident that were ordered. We hope those will be here on Friday. We will continue to assemble everything we can to keep things moving along. If all goes well we should wrap this one up and have it ready for delivery on Friday.