This Ford Escape came in to get a new front end which was damaged from a deer collision. As you can see, this has the new shutter system that they are putting on the newer model cars. There were also tons of little brackets and braces that was also damaged that go on the bumper that we replaced. After a few days of finding parts that we either didnt know existed or didnt know were broken, we were finally able to get it buttoned up today. Tomorrow it will go for clean up and the customer will be back in her car tomorrow afternoon.
Yes again. You remember this Mustang don’t you? We painted it a couple of years ago for the owner and over time it has been attacked 3 times by deer. So, thats what we have here. It had been hit twice on the right side and now they are after the left. We were able to repair this fender and quarter with the exception of the side scoop, thats on order. We removed the wheel and fender liner to allow access to the damage. We then used a hammer and dolly to flatten out the damage and prepped it for filler. Once the body work was in ship shape it was primed. This morning, this one was first on the list. We blocked out the primer and prepped the panels for paint. Once that was all done, Paul did his magic in the booth. As you can see, its like it never happened. We are still waiting on the scoop so as soon as that comes in, this Mustang will be ready for the road again.
This Spyder just came in today for us to get started on the repair process on his MR2. Instead of hitting a deer, a deer hit him and as you can see, it did quite a bit of damage. We have all parts on order and we look forward to get this little rare gem back on the road.
Yesterday, parts arrived for the Kia. We got right to work installing the new radiator, condenser and new radiator support. That all went really smoothly. It all went together nicely and we even had time to recharge the A/C system. Today we trimmed out the hood and fender and once they were dry we installed them and set the gaps. With a little time left in the day we sanded these parts and the left door so tomorrow we could waste no time getting it painted. We should get this one wrapped up the first of next week .
Progress on the Caravan is moving right along. As you can see over the weekend we were able to get it painted and today we assembled everything we could with what parts were here. There are a couple of things that didnt make shipment because of the holidays. We hope to get them in if not tomorrow, hopefully Wednesday. The lights are in, fender liner in, computer is mounted back in its rightful home, support braces are on and the bumper is built but cant be installed until the left bumper bracket comes in. Once that gets here this one will be ready for the history books.
Here is an update on the Caravan that hit a deer. We were able to trim out the fender and hood today and get them installed. We also started the van, checked that we had repaired all the electrical woes and that the cooling van was operational. We also recharged the A/C unit to make sure the will be nice and cool next summer. We did find a very small dent in the new fender so we went ahead and fixed it as well today. Next we will get these new panels sanded and get this one into the booth so we can make this thing shiny and silver again.
Oh deer, not again
Here we have yet another victim of a deer hit. This one not quite as bad as the van below, but still will get several new parts and pieces. We disassembled it today so we could get an accurate estimate written up on it. We should be able to get going on it as soon as the insurance company comes out and takes a look.
A hunting we will go
This Avalon is in the shop to get battle scars left over from a fight with a deer repaired. We disassembled it today and wrote up an estimate for the repairs. Once the insurance company comes out to take a look we can get started on it. A new bumper, fender, a few new brackets and a repair on the right front door and hood will round out the repair process.