Its a block party
This week we started blocking out the doors on the FJ. While working on one of the doors we found a previous rust repair that was in need of attention so we are in the process of getting that fixed up. In the mean time, Paul and Cole dedicated some time to getting the body a little closer to priming. We pulled the old seam sealer out of the drip rails where it had gotten bad over the years and was letting water seep down to the metal. We will treat all those areas and apply new seam sealer before priming. Its doesnt really improve the looks of the job, but it will hopefully extend the life of the drip rails. Thats what Cole is doing in the picture with drill. A wire brush on a drill works really well at that when good old fashioned elbow grease is used. So, finding these things did set us back from priming today but hopefully next week will go smoother.
Its Toyota week
This Corolla was involved in a moderate fender bender late last week. We have parts on order and most should come in tomorrow. We will be sending this over the frame shop, hopefully tomorrow to get a light pull on the front end to move everything back into shape. Once back from the frame show, it should be smooth sailing from there on out.