The rust on this Chevy is now a thing of the past. The repair turned out really nice. Here are the images from its time in the paint booth. You can see the sealer on the repaired area in the first picture followed by the base coat then the clear coat. The last image shows the finished product with a new pin stripe and a new Z71 decal.
We put the Lexus in the booth first thing this morning and Paul worked his magic. The repaired area was sealed with PPG urethane sealer. He then sprayed several coat of white base coat followed by several coats of pearl mid coat. Once the base coat had time to dry, he then sprayed 2 coats PPG urethane clear. It was painted early enough in the day that we were able to get it put back together by the end of the day. This on is now ready to go home for the Holidays.
The Camry had its turn in the booth today. As you can see things turned out very well. We all jumped on it this morning. Masking off the areas that were not getting painted and prepping the ones that did get painted. Paul then sealed the new panels, sprayed three coats of the base coat white, then three coats of the pearl mid coat, then wrapped all that up with 2 coats of PPG’s high solids clear. Tomorrow we will start the reassembly process. We hope to be getting this one back to the owner on Friday.
This new, and I do mean NEW Camry is smacked a deer a week ago and we are well into the repair process and ahead of schedule. All of the parts were ordered last Friday and were delivered to the shop first thing this morning. Paul got right to work trimming the hood and fender out so that they could be installed as soon as they were dry, which is what you see here. What I didn’t get a picture of is that the car is now all sanded and washed and in the paint booth for tomorrow. In the morning we will mask off the areas that aren’t getting painted prep the ones that are and Paul will do his magic on making it all pretty again. Wednesday we will put it all back together and try to get it back to the customer as soon as possible. I know the owner misses it, he hasn’t even made a payment on it yet.
This Maxima is in the shop to get new parts after being attacked by a deer. Paul painted this as Chris and I was working on the ’52 Ford truck. I didnt get a picture of this one with clear on it, but here it is with the base coat and pearl coats applied. We hope to get this one back together on Monday and back to the owner by Tuesday or Wednesday.