Yes again. You remember this Mustang don’t you? We painted it a couple of years ago for the owner and over time it has been attacked 3 times by deer. So, thats what we have here. It had been hit twice on the right side and now they are after the left. We were able to repair this fender and quarter with the exception of the side scoop, thats on order. We removed the wheel and fender liner to allow access to the damage. We then used a hammer and dolly to flatten out the damage and prepped it for filler. Once the body work was in ship shape it was primed. This morning, this one was first on the list. We blocked out the primer and prepped the panels for paint. Once that was all done, Paul did his magic in the booth. As you can see, its like it never happened. We are still waiting on the scoop so as soon as that comes in, this Mustang will be ready for the road again.
This Shelby GT 500 is ready to get its front end freshened up. It has a few miles on it and it has seen a few laps around the track. Its noting really major, just a few chips We must remove the stripes to refinish the hood and bumper, but while we were at it, the owner opted to redo all of stripes on the car just be sure that they all match and look the same. The track days are over for this Pony. Cruising and car shows are all that the future holds for her. We intend to make sure she looks her best.
We are just about to wrap up this Mach 1. We had a storm come through a few weeks ago that damaged a few panels on this Mustang so we took care of that for the customer and while it was here we went ahead and buffed the rest of the car to get him ready for the upcoming show season. We also wired up sequential LED turn indicators that mount in the hood scoop for him. We are waiting on a new hood molding to come in which will be the final piece for this hot rod. It will be ready to go once that part comes in.
You may recognize this car. We painted this car a couple of years ago and added a few “Oh so green” stripes to it per the owners request. Unfortunately, she hit a deer a month or so ago and we had it in to install a new fender and front bumper. Unfortunately, unfortunately, she hit another deer and this time it got the hood. We will be able to repair the front bumper but the hood had to go. The owner knew exactly what she wanted to do about the hood. She picked out this Cervini fiberglass hood for a meaner look. We sanded the hood down and sprayed a few coats of primer on there. We then sanded that all back down and put the hood on to make sure it fit like its supposed to. We were very impressed with how it fit. Only minor adjustments were needed. We also painted the bottom of the hood black today and finished sanding the top side. We will be painting this one tomorrow.
The shine is on! After buttoning up a few things this morning, we spent the rest of the afternoon spraying the Cobra. Paul started off by wiping it down and making sure it was clean as possible. Next it was tacked off to remove as much dust and lint as possible. Then it was time to start spraying. The first two pictures show the Cobra in base coat. As you can see its black but has no shine. Paul sprayed 3 coats of color the followed that up with 3 coats of high solids PPG clear coat. The last three pictures show it cleared. Next week, after sufficient drying time, we will sand it all back down again and buff it out to an ever higher gloss than this. Stay tuned.
The Cobra had some time in the booth this afternoon, or at least parts of it did. We like to paint cars apart then re-assemble them once its all complete. This way we can paint all of the edges of the parts and it also greatly reduces the chance of peeling paint because of the difficulty in sanding the gaps between parts. So you can see the bumpers, bottom of the hood, mirrors and side scoops are all black and nice and shiny. We also were able to get the car tapped up and it will go in the booth tomorrow morning for its time to shine.