Blog Archives

Bed time

DSCF0927DSCF0928DSCF0933DSCF0934DSCF0936DSCF0935DSCF0938DSCF0941DSCF0942DSCF0943DSCF0945DSCF0944 Over the past few days we have been working on the C10 project, you may have seen the first post a few weeks back. We decided to blow this bed back apart to make sure we get paint and primer in all the nooks and crannies. It hard enough to do apart but together its impossible. We also welded in a patch in an ugly area on the inside lip of the bed rail. Looks like someone in the past put a hook there to strap down some cargo and it messed the lip up. What you see here is 3 good coats of PPG’s Vibrance line high build epoxy. We sanded and cleaned the metal multiple times to ensure the surface was as clean as possible. Paul then applied the primer allowing the product to dry in between coats. The next step for these panels will be a good blocking out with 80 grit. We will then be able to see all of our low and high spots. We will do our body work right over this product. Once they are straight, another coat of epoxy followed by several coats of urethane high build primer. These are the most important steps in the paint process.

Advertisements

And the beat goes on

dscf9673dscf9675dscf9676dscf9677dscf9678dscf9671Work continues on the Ghia. Today we all spent some time massaging the body and doors. The quarters are getting close to being ready for primer. Paul worked on the doors. He went over them making sure the body work was complete then started sanding the jambs to prep them for primer. Cole worked some magic on the right fender and the right door jamb.

Finishing touches

DSCF9284DSCF9293DSCF9285This ’67 bug is back from the upholstery shop. We sent it out to get the headliner installed. Its back now so we started working on the carpet yesterday and today was able to install the rear seat back. We also installed the rear door panels and have the front ones built and ready to install. We will need to make a vapor barrier before we install them though. As you can see this one is shaping up to be a nice little car.

Meet Morris

IMG_5486IMG_5485DSCF8969DSCF8970Meet Morris Minor. He is has had a few little custom up grades and now its time to get the outside looking as nice as the interior and engine.  We aren’t really going all out on this little hot rod, but we are going to clean up a couple of old repairs that aren’t up to snuff. We will be painting it back flat black but with a product that will hold up a little better and and a little more user friendly. I wasn’t sure what the black was that was on it, so we opted to remove all of it just in case it was not compatible with our paint. We will be able to paint over whats on it now, but we will seal all of this with a good coat of epoxy.  Stay tuned to this one, it will be a cool little hot rod.

New, but old.

IMG_4688 IMG_4689 IMG_4690 IMG_4668 IMG_4669 IMG_4672 IMG_4685 IMG_4686 IMG_4687This old rat rod has been up fitted with a brand new paint job today. Yes, I said brand new. We pulled out all the stops and used up a whole bag of tricks to get make this paint look as old as possible and I think we pulled it off. After spraying several layers of browns, black, green and some white, the truck was sanded to to get a good mix and a good blend of “old”.  Once the look was achieved we sprayed a flat clear over the truck to keep it that way. If you look closely to the right door, you can see an old logo in the paint. This was not our normal paint job, but it was very fun to do and looks amazing.

%d bloggers like this: