Blog Archives

’52 Ford

IMG_4835 IMG_4833 IMG_4832 IMG_4831 IMG_4830 IMG_4851 IMG_4850

 Today we made great headway, Chris and I spent almost the entire day prepping these panels for POR and primer. We welded up quite a few tiny pinholes and also went ahead and smoothed up some heavily pitted areas on the inner fender panels. Tomorrow we will apply the POR to the bottom sides of these panels. This will ensure that any rusty pits get completely sealed up. We will then seam seal the areas where rust repair panels were welded in then spray our bedliner material on them. If that dries enough tomorrow we try to spray the primer on the other side.

Advertisements

All sealed up

IMG_4595 IMG_4596 IMG_4597 IMG_4602 IMG_4601 IMG_4606 IMG_4599Back on the the ’52 today, we got messy. We chose to POR the inside of the rear fenders before we applied the spray in bedliner. We chose to brush it on instead of spraying it. This allowed us to get it in all the seams and around the lower lip. Ford put a flexible rod in the lower lip before rolling the end over to keep it from crushing. It also allows water to sit in there along with dirt. This is a great formula for rust. So, in an effort to keep rust at bay we also seam sealed the entire lip. Hopefully, these will never rust again. This is where we stopped today. Tomorrow we hope to get the bedliner sprayed on these. Next week we will spray the epoxy and slick sand  on the outside. Then, the block party starts.

Back in black

IMG_1836 IMG_1835 IMG_1842 IMG_1841 IMG_1838 IMG_1840 IMG_1837We started off today breaking down the radiator support for the ’71 Chevelle. Boy is there a lot of brackets on there. Since most of them were rusty we opted to sand blast them in house to get the rust off. The first 2 pictures show Chris doing the majority of that work. However, standing in that position for a few hours is a bit uncomfortable so we switched off every so often to give our backs a break. As we finished blasting each piece Chase hung them up in the booth and prepped them for paint. We decided to use POR15 on these parts to prevent the rust from ever happening again. After that we used their chassis black to flatten out the look some. The car goes to the blaster next week, so we will use that time to get back on the Camaro. We should be able to move both of these projects along pretty smoothly.

%d bloggers like this: