Blog Archives

Shoebox gets booth time.

It’s been very busy around the shop for the past few weeks. We have had tons of collision repairs which hasn’t left us much time to work on the restoration cars. We did manage to squeeze in a few hours here and there to get these parts ready for paint and while we were waiting on parts we we decided it was the perfect time to spay them. I’m not sure it this is an actual factory color, the owner had already picked this color before we started the project but I do really like it. We started with a coat of sealer followed by 3 coats of DBC base coat and 2 coats PPG’s 2021 clear. The body work on the rest of the car is coming along great hopefully we can get into the booth soon.

Advertisements

Time to shine!

DSCF1370DSCF1371DSCF1372DSCF1373DSCF1374DSCF1375DSCF1376DSCF1377DSCF1378DSCF1380DSCF1381DSCF1382DSCF1383DSCF1384DSCF1385DSCF1386DSCF1387DSCF1366DSCF1367DSCF1368DSCF1369Its been a long time coming but we are finally spraying some color on the C-10 project. We had intentions on painting both bedsides today but when we were prepping them, we found a spot on one of them that wasnt up to snuff. So it came back out for repair and we slid the radiator support in in its place. These parts were sealed with PPG’s urethane sealer followed by 3 coats of PPG base coat then 3 coats of clear. Things went smoothly and the turned out very nice. The color looks amazing. We will wet sand and buff the outside of the bedside before reassembly. Hopefully we will get another batch of parts painted in the next couple of weeks.

Bottoms up

DSCF1327DSCF1326DSCF1330DSCF1328DSCF1329DSCF1331Still plugging away on the C-10. Last week we finished up the body work on the cab and applied a couple more coats of PPG’s high build epoxy. Because the body work was so extensive we will definitely block that out and prime it again to be sure we didnt miss anything. Today we started prepping bottom of the cab for bedliner. As you can see it was blasted giving us a good starting point. You can see there are new patches in the floors in the top corners. Those areas were a little thin and the cab mounts needed to be shored up some as well. While Jordan sanded the bottom, Paul got a great start on straightening out the rockers. We still have a bit of sanding to do on the floor and more work on the rockers but over the next couple of days we should be able to get the bottom of the cab sprayed with epoxy followed by a couple coats of Raptor liner.

Buggin’

DSCF1321DSCF1322DSCF1323DSCF1324DSCF1320Progress on the Beetle is moving along. We have the fenders bolted down with new fender beading. The German running boards are on and looking really nice and the door glass is all in and functional. We have also removed the old exhaust system in preparation for the new one that is on its way.  We also cleaned the engine up some while we were at it. The new turn signals are on and wired up as well as the head lights. We have also installed the new triple plated front bumper after we sandblasted the original brackets and repainted them semi gloss black. This one is really shaping up and it wont be long till its off the upholstery shop to get a new head liner.

C-10 Cab

DSCF1327DSCF1326DSCF1299DSCF1298DSCF1302DSCF1301DSCF1300DSCF1318DSCF1317DSCF1319After many hours of blocking a filling, the cab on the C-10 is pretty close to being straight. Yes, this one lived the life of a truck but glory days are in its future. With all the body work fairly close to being finished we will next turn our attention to the floor and bottom of the cab. Just like the rest of the underside on this truck it will get a bedliner both inside and out. We will then once more make sure the bodywork is complete before priming. Because of the extensive body work, we will most likely prime it twice to be sure its good to go.

Prime time ’55

DSCF1311DSCF1312DSCF1309DSCF1315DSCF1314DSCF1313We shot a few coats of primer on the ’55 hood and trunk today.  As you can see they were in pretty good shape. We did have a few places that needed some attention but once they were straight and the booth was open, we slid them on in. These parts will be blocked one more time to be sure they are ready for paint. Its a long process but it really pays off in the end.

Just hanging around

DSCF1295DSCF1296DSCF1305DSCF1306DSCF1295DSCF1296DSCF1306DSCF1305The ’57 is getting its doors. After installing the door and trunk rubber we are ready to get these back on where they should feel right at home. Lining up the left door went pretty smoothly. We still have some fine tuning before moving to the other side. We will be installing the latches and catches once we are happy with the fitment.

Its a Bug again

DSCF1308DSCF1307 The bug is looking pretty happy.  The fenders went on yesterday and with that we also installed the front and rear turn signals. We have a few more parts on order that should arrive next week to continue the progress.

All hands on deck

DSCF1297DSCF1299DSCF1298DSCF1302DSCF1301DSCF1300Great progress was made on the C-10 project today. Cole and I worked a good portion of the day blocking out the roof and fixing dents. We worked some on the inside of the cab as well as the left door jamb. The fire wall is pretty close to being finished as well. Tomorrow we plan on attacking it like we did today and hopefully that will put us pretty close to priming it again.

C-10 body work continues

DSCF1279DSCF1271DSCF1270DSCF1265The progress continues on the C-10. We are working hard to make sure the body work on the cab is as nice as the rest of the panels we have ready to paint. The cab needs pretty extensive body work but each day we get a little closer.

%d bloggers like this: