The owner of this Mercedes dropped her car off to get this terrible looking split in the bumper fixed. She just picked this one up a few weeks ago and just couldnt bare to ride around with the split in the bumper. We removed the bumper and ground down all the area around the split. We then used products from SEM corporation to repair the bumper. Technology has come a long long way as far as glues and epoxy’s go for fixing plastic parts. Once the repair area was fixed, a few coats of primer was sprayed on the damaged area. We then sanded and prepped the bumper for paint. Thats where Paul took over and laid down a nice red base followed by a few good coats of PPG clear. The owner also dropped off her new front plate so we installed that for her as well. Its all back together now and ready for the last few weeks of summer.
Here we are prepping what think will be the last batch of truck parts to be painted. There are about 8 or 10 items left to be sprayed. We hope to get them all done tomorrow so we can spend several days next week putting the final buff on the larger items. Once that is complete, the frame comes here for the assembly of the body panels. This thing will then start looking like a truck again. I know the owner will be very excited to see that happen. Here we are sanding the running boards and the custom lower dash extension that will hold the A/C vents. Lots of progress on the old hot rod truck this week.
The ’52 Ford fenders spent a little more time in the booth today to get the bedliner sprayed today. We masked off the areas that we did not want to spray then Jordan went to work. After the bedliner was sprayed and dried, we sanded back over the fenders one more time to prep them up for epoxy and slick sand. This will happen Monday. We just ran out of time today.
This Miata was the victim of some vandalism a few weeks ago. We started by sanding all the scratches out and removing the parts to ensure a quality job. We will be removing door handles and mirrors as well, we just ran out of time today. There are also a few dents in this car that will also get repaired. Once those are fixed we will prime everything at the same time. Block out the primer then prep for paint would be next on the list.
After weeks of working on late model Mustangs, it was nice to work on a little GM iron. This LS6 powered Camaro belongs to the son of one of the Mustangs we have worked on in the past few months. We joke and tell him he is obviously the one who got all the brains in the family. Its all in good fun, but it works up the dad a bit. Anyway, he wanted to get the scoop on the hood painted black and a few other custom touches on here while we had it in the shop. We started by removing the hood and prepped it for paint like always. Once it was ready, we put it in the booth and sprayed a few coats of red over the front to fill in a few battle scars. Once that dried we masked off the scoop area to paint it black. We then pulled off the paper and sprayed 2 good coats of urethane clear coat. Tomorrow we will reinstall the hood and get the finished pictures.