Its been a long time coming but we are finally spraying some color on the C-10 project. We had intentions on painting both bedsides today but when we were prepping them, we found a spot on one of them that wasnt up to snuff. So it came back out for repair and we slid the radiator support in in its place. These parts were sealed with PPG’s urethane sealer followed by 3 coats of PPG base coat then 3 coats of clear. Things went smoothly and the turned out very nice. The color looks amazing. We will wet sand and buff the outside of the bedside before reassembly. Hopefully we will get another batch of parts painted in the next couple of weeks.
The Camry had its turn in the booth today. As you can see things turned out very well. We all jumped on it this morning. Masking off the areas that were not getting painted and prepping the ones that did get painted. Paul then sealed the new panels, sprayed three coats of the base coat white, then three coats of the pearl mid coat, then wrapped all that up with 2 coats of PPG’s high solids clear. Tomorrow we will start the reassembly process. We hope to be getting this one back to the owner on Friday.
Ahhh, Much better. We spent today in the booth spraying the cab on the ’52 Ford. After thoroughly cleaning the cab and masking off the floor and back wall, Paul sprayed a coat of urethane sealer over the entire cab. Once that had time to dry, 3 coats of red was sprayed allowing proper drying time in between. After the base coat was applied, 3 coats of PPG high solids clear was sprayed. This gives us enough material to wet sand and buff to a super smooth, ultra high gloss. We will plan on buffing it out next week. We want to give the clear plenty of time to dry so the sanding and buffing will be a little easier. We still have a few other parts to paint, and plan on doing them later this week.
We were able to get the Avalon in the booth today and did get it painted. It turned out really nice. The parts came in right on time this morning so we trimmed the fender out first thing and put it on the car as soon as it was dry enough. Once that was done, it was put into the booth and prepped for paint. Right after lunch Paul started pulling the trigger on this 3 stage pearl white paint job an he finished up late this afternoon. Tomorrow we will re-assemble the car and if that goes smoothly Its possible this one goes back home tomorrow. Wish us luck.
It was a good day in the booth today. We finally sprayed some red on the ole’ 52 Ford. We spent some time this morning doing a final prep on them and started spraying just before lunch. After a coat of urethane sealer, 3 coats of red were carefully sprayed. Once that was dry, 3 coats of PPG high solids clear was sprayed. Once these are good and dry, we will wet sand them to an ultra smooth surface then buff them back out to have a knock your eyeballs out shine.
We had an Accord get dropped off this morning to get a new rear bumper. We started prepping this bumper by sanding the bumper so the paint will properly adhere to it. We then sprayed a coat of sealer on it to help with paint coverage and adhesion. Once the sealer was dry we sprayed 3 coats of color followed by 2 coats of clear. This will go back together tomorrow and be ready for the customer and the weekend.